Working for Wal-Mart: A Review

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Rookietrucker89, Feb 24, 2022.

1. Rookietrucker89

Rookietrucker89 Light Load Member

May 22, 2015
    Why in the world would they give you your own truck when there would be so many trucks sitting around? It’s a waste of money, I’d much rather them give the drivers that money. A vast majority of WM is regional and just about every driver is home every week. Sounds like good business to me.

truckdriver31 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rookietrucker89

Rookietrucker89 Light Load Member

May 22, 2015
    I’ve never had my phone looked at and their cell phone usage policy has relaxed. No more restrictions.

4. Exit310

Exit310 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    cullman,alabama
    February 8th was my one year anniversary, wished i had came over 20 years ago.

5. prostartom

prostartom Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2014
    Question, so they give you 21 days PTO your 1st year, but they don't pay for Holidays? Or do they pay for Holidays but expect you to work them if scheduled unless you use a PTO day?

Also how much do you get for a PTO day? Is it based off your ADP or is it just a set amount?

Thanks in advance.

6. ScaniaLW

ScaniaLW Light Load Member

Dec 28, 2018
    You get a PTO day by working so many hours, the amount of hours decreases the longer you work there. A PTO day is paid whatever your ADP is. I don't think they have anymore holidays, it's all PTO. One good thing they do (if they still do it) is when you take a PTO day they put 10 hours back in your PTO bucket.

7. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Don’t forget we get 4 additional days off per year as a bonus for not putting the truck in the ditch or backing into poles. Add that to the 21 other days, and that’s 25 paid days off your 1st year with Walmart. That’s 5 weeks. And you can use it as you earn it. As someone who enjoys my time off, I approve.

8. Sixela918

Sixela918 Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2021
    Phoenix, AZ
    How difficult is it to actually get hired on with Walmart. Like what's the actual experience requirement? The website says 30 months I think.

9. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    What about stacking days you don't use do they roll over? Is there a cap?

10. RussianBearTruckeR

RussianBearTruckeR Heavy Load Member

Jul 9, 2018
    Jacksonville, FL
    Heard the real exp. They're oozing foe is 5 years safe driving but don't know for fact don't t like this biased raise nonsense that happened but I have wmt on my potential list

11. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    Your saying they dont have access to your phone record? I was told they have it and if your ever caught on phone even if idle in truck called by a supervisor you would be terminated. your saying that was completely false? I personally hate micromanaged I like being left alone because I know my job get to point a-b safely and on-time with a load maybe delays due weather but thats truckers life.

The other issue is sharing a mattress with another driver bed bugs is something I dont want period. Some these drivers at truck stops are filthy and smell awful just by walking by some I swear are worst then animals atleast animals will clean themselves. I myself like the pay walmart gives but from all the issues I have heard make me think the pay doesn't justify the bs you deal with. I have only ever talked to 3 WM drivers in person and another 3 on forums all have told me the only decent thing is pay.
    I am against these carriers like swift who want auto driving trucks and want drivers to test it its like car plants when they asked the plant workers work with robots only find 90% will be laid off due to machines who took there job to cut cost. Me if I was a swift driver I would quit just hearing they want replace its drivers with auto driving semi. I am for private companies like tyson foods as a former driver it was a good place but I needed local so in the end had work food service or LTL went into food because am not shy of a hard day of work.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.