WRONGFULLY TERMINATED FROM SWIFT

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by RuckerTrucker, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    What about common sense ???

buddyd157 and War-Eagle Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Welcome to the forum, Here you don't get a pat on the back, most drivers here are seasoned vet's, And believe CDL drivers should be held to a higher standards.

Earn and learn and go home safely thats whats its all about. And there is such a thing as being dead right. You have to be always watchful the life you save maybe be your own.

There are things in our control and things that are not in our control, Just like avoidable is not the same as at fault. A few years ago I had the misfortune of rolling a tractor and set of doubles, CHP deemed it to be mechanical failure, most companies only cared that it was towed away making it a DOT reportable. Sometime you just have to move on, There is nothing I could do to have found the defective part in the steering during a pretrip, does not matter in the long run.

Bottom line you have to recognize what you can do to make your driving safer,as do all of us. So we learn and move on.

Lonesome, jethro712 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  4. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    It depends on the intersection. I have been through hundreds of intersections with terrible visibility - businesses or homeowners allowing bushes and trees to crowd the road and prevent drivers from seeing oncoming traffic.

I don't know what happened in this case, but I could easily see it happening exactly as the OP describes it.

And to the people wondering how he might have known it was two seconds before yellow?
    Crosswalks frequently have large amber light countdown timers.

dosgatos Thanks this.
  5. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I've felt my ABS at work on wet roads during a hard stop a few times at low speeds. You can feel the whole truck jerking as the ABS system rapidly cycles the brakes. This has normally happened on wet pavement when I was very light on a downhill grade and I need to stop for a light that turned yellow just before the point where I was about to commit to going through the intersection. (I have gotten a little more conservative in the last couple years and have started slowing earlier.)

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    yeah, ok thanks....as only one example, and i know i am comparing apples to oranges, some devices in my new car, do not work under (i think) 35 mph, i'd have to look that up again, in the owners manual (which i actually do read)...so going along with that, i was of the wondering "IF" the same things take place in big trucks (do not forget i retired earlier this year, and our trucks did not have a lot of tech), other than ABS.

thanks for the come back!!

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  7. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    this is why I stop for yellows if I can. rolling thru a yellow works out most of the time, but every once in awhile someone is hauling ### and catches a fresh green and plows into the vehicle that may well could have stopped for the yellow

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.