WS through my eyes

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by runawayload, Apr 30, 2013.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I honestly thought that being able to talk to your buddies on the road all the time would be a pro. Thought the sales people deal with the brokers and all you do is send out the trucks to pick up/drop off the goods. I used to be a dispatcher for the military (dispatched out trucks to our ICBM field) and it was fairly laid back. Guess it is different in the civilian sector. Grass isnt always greener on the other side. I am glad you get to spend more time with the gf and daughter though. That is a big plus.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Milktanker

Milktanker Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    I definitely enjoy bsing with all the guys I work with and dispatch, but based on how well you keep them rolling and how high of paying freight you can keep on them they will either be your best friend or your biggest critic.

4. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Again though, at least you work for a carrier that gives their drivers the opportunity to advance. I will always be a linedriver. I will never work dispatch, and unless I get a bachelors degree, I will never be a terminal manager. Once a driver, always a driver. At least you guys have diversity.

5. Milktanker

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    That's been one of the things that has kept me here, I could definitely make more money elsewhere but as far as the company goes I've been very happy with how I've been treated. Who do you run for?

6. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    USF Reddaway. Out of Montana. We pretty much have a home terminal and shuttle trailers back and forth between nearby cities. about 350-580 miles a night. Only upside is that we return to our home terminal every night. The downside is that you get bored with the same routes over and over again.

We also dont deal with customers. We shuttle trailers between terminals. The dock workers break our trailers apart and sort the freight to be delivered by P&D drivers. It's all hook & drop

7. road_runner

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Heard you guys have a huge contract with Ashley's furniture store or something and move alot of freight for them. Any truth to that?

8. Milktanker

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt

9. runawayload

runawayload Light Load Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I have not seen any Ashley, I have done Lazyboy and Thomasville.

You still going to be in town MT come Tuesday? Maybe we can get a bite if youre available. I have a friend from CDL school starting orientation on Monday so I requested a load that direction. I deliver on Tuesday around 13:00 if not sooner.

10. TAJW

TAJW Bobtail Member

Jul 2, 2013
    Billings, MT
    I will be out in Missoula on Monday starting Orientation at W/S also.... Hope I get a chance to see some of you folks from here too!

11. Milktanker

Jun 25, 2012
    Frenchtown, mt
    Let me know when you come in, I'm always bbqing at my house here

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.