X Chaining Beams

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by BackYardBoogey, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I understand this theory, hard to explain it but you did a close enough job in doing so. I have use it a couple of times on certain loads that I wasn’t comfortable with. It’s been a awhile but I have use it. In the skateboard business, sometimes you have to be creative to secure the load and have a piece of mind.

Tug Toy, Highway Sailor and skellr Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    One time I had a trainee hard brake and swerve (both) while I was in the bunk. We had a tarped load of pipe against a bulkhead. I had to tear down the bulkhead to get the tarp off the load because it had slid forward about 4 inches when he slammed on the brakes and the tarp was pinched and cut up between the steel and the boards. (I used to have a picture of the steel against the bulkhead but I lost it changing phones somewhere along the way. That was the picture I used to help convince the company to not let that guy become a flatbedder.)

So yeah, bulkheads will stop forward movement if it's not too severe. Not sure it would work in a head on collision. No, I don't train anymore after that event.

Highway Sailor Thanks this.
  4. My Dog

My Dog Light Load Member

Apr 19, 2018
    I would have had a hard time accepting that load with the way they are stacked.
    The shipper should have known better.

Matt1924 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.