Xpo City Driver

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by jlawson1979, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Ian2175

Ian2175 Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2017
    I work Linehaul for them. I have never worked city but like others have said expect a lot of dock work. I work at a smaller terminal so it can be a long time until you get a set start time where I work.

jlawson1979 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jlawson1979

jlawson1979 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Hopefully it’ll work out. Thanks

4. jlawson1979

jlawson1979 Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Sorry to hear that. I don’t have any ltl experience. I have applied a few times before though and didn’t hear anything back. Only thing I can think of is if you don’t have all of your endorsements then that might disqualify you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2019
    Reason for edit: Fixed quote
    Redtwin Thanks this.
  5. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    You need all your endorsements for most LTL conpanies. Mine won't even look at you other wise.

You even need tanker though we personally don't haul tanker apparently you need the tanker endorsement if you ever get some sort of totes with liquid I was told.

Even if the totes are palletized and put into a dry van for whatever reason dot, epa or someone requires it.

jlawson1979 Thanks this.
  6. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    Yup, you need a tanker and hazmat endorsement to haul these bombs

20180824_124223.jpg

7. jgarciajr40

jgarciajr40 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Never seen such a thing luckily at my company yet.

8. Fuelinmyveins

Fuelinmyveins Medium Load Member

Nov 13, 2017
    PA
    Not yet;)

Bob Dobalina Thanks this.
  9. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    I have all the endorsements. The Terminal Manager actually called me and told me that he didn't hire OTR guys for City P&D because too many of them quit shortly after starting because the work was harder than they were used to.

Maybe it would be different with drivers fresh out of school.

jlawson1979 Thanks this.
  10. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    It makes sense he would be kinda leery of OTR guys; the work is totally different, and takes certain skills that typically don’t get honed by road work. There's also the physical aspect of having to wrestle freight around after being used to a no-touch freight job.

When I hired on to work P&D at my company, I already had 8 years of multi-stop city experience (in addition to OTR) but not on the same scale as LTL P&D work. The operations manager STILL asked me if I knew what I was getting into. He reiterated that it could be 20+ stops per day, often putting a semi into places that weren't designed for them and didn't have docks. I had to assure him I was ready and always wanted to do it.

Don't give up. There's a chance they had other applicants with more relevant experience. You might need to use other local jobs as stepping stones like I did. Eventually you'll get on somewhere. For what it's worth, I'm glad I had those stepping stones to help hone the skills I'd eventually need in P&D.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  11. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Xpo monitors their employees actions 24/7 since they are owned by germans now. Cameras and microchips is what theyre all about. As a result, their drivers do not release any inside info about the company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.