XPO Logistics

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Kobe1225, Jan 20, 2022.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I wasn't going to say it, but now that you brought it up, I totally agree with you.

Part of the reason most of us get and stay into trucking is because we can work independently without having a boss lean over our cubical watching how fast or efficient we work. A camera is basically the equivalent of that. Obviously nobody has the time to monitor the cameras of their entire fleet at all hours of the day, but the fact that they can is enough to turn me off from companies that have DFCs.

These new e-logs and GPS trackers are intrusive enough. They already can monitor your productivity by tracing your route and comparing your parking and drive time against your workflow to see if you are just hanging around or moving.

JadeLove, McUzi, REO6205 and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    A container load of "Hell Yeah's" should be arriving at your house in short order.

4. TexasKGB

TexasKGB Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Fiddler's Green

Again, good drivers don't trigger camera events.

Check your blood sugar. That irritability can mean a lot of things in a guy your age.

Farva Thanks this.
  5. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    they not necessarily be worse drivers just because they don't like cameras in the truck.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
    jmz and road_runner Thank this.
  6. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    Totally disingenuous to relegate our concerns of DFCs by insinuating that we are bad drivers.

Almost all of us have road facing cameras that get triggered by critical driving events and we favour them because they will almost always prove we were in the right.

If my boss wants to call in to check on me or have a discussion, that's one thing. But for them to have full access to just watch me without me knowing there is a one-way interaction is intrusive, micromanaging, and somewhat creepy to say the least.

If you are willing to work under those circumstances then more power to you.

JadeLove, McUzi, dkb and 3 others Thank this.
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Good companies don’t have cameras to trigger.

8. JadeLove

JadeLove Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.