XPO Logistics

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by UsualSuspect, Jun 4, 2017.

1. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Anyone have the inside scoop on XPO? I was asked if I was interested in going there, starting out on the dock loading, and hooking/unhooking singles and doubles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    Solid company, mostly night work.

SplashDogs and UsualSuspect Thank this.
  4. Itzmehotsauce

Itzmehotsauce Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2017
    bronx ny
    lol its funny someone just brought this company to my attention on my post i started looking into it and applied for one of there student positions in newark new jersey see if i can get my start in a trucking job there instead of somewhere like swift which im hearing stuff that is not sounding to good to me lol

UsualSuspect Thanks this.
  5. UsualSuspect

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    I recovered one of their trailers and dropped it off last week. I was asked if I was interested in a position there as I already have my Class A CDL, but no OTR experience. I am in my 50's, so not sure if I can keep up with the dock work and not kill myself. Here at the local terminal if you have your CDL they have you move trailers around the yard and to/from the dock for loading, and hook and unhook doubles. I am thinking this could turn into an LTL or line haul position.

6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I've worked for the company they bought out ( Con-Way ). Which location are you looking into? The dock work is nothing to get excited about. Majority of everything is done using the forklift with the exception of when you have to block/brace the freight so it doesn't get damaged. You do have the occasional stuff that has to be done by hand but generally it isn't going to be solely yours, others will be helping.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    This is the former "Con-Way", for those who may not know.

DTP, mp4694330 and UsualSuspect Thank this.
  8. UsualSuspect

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    The job is in Oxnard, but they have others in SoCal for the same position.

9. rearview

rearview Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2014
    Tenakee Springs
    You are in the prime of your adult life at 50, exactly half way between out of control hormones and a cane.

Could turn into a decent relay run which means good money right up to retirement.

10. UsualSuspect

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    My hormones are still out of control, and who needs a cane when you pop a little blue pill. I am coming from a job where I was sedentary for the past 15 years, and while I have dropped 50 pounds, I still have 70 to go, or at least that is what the medical man says. I don't mind physical labor, especially if it whips me into shape, I just don't want it to kill me.

11. Itzmehotsauce

Itzmehotsauce Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2017
    bronx ny
    If it helps any on the app I filled out like half an hour ago it said ltl so yeah I'm definitely interested in this company as an alternative to otr for my a class license

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.