Yellow Freight closure thread

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by ColoradoLinehaul, Jun 26, 2023.

1. road_runner

road_runner Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2012
    Montucky
    I don't know anything about them. Hell, I've never heard of them. Either way, they have until this Thursday to make a successful bid.

Bigger question is, if they do succeed; what drivers or customers would come back? Yellow currently only exists on paper with zero workforce or revenue.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2023
    Siinman, bzinger and Cardfan89 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    I also wondered this too. I recently just saw them but I do remember their trucks not looking the best. They look like older kw or Mack daycabs. Hard to believe they have that much cash stashed away and their drivers are ALWAYS in a hurry.

4. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I guess I missed something. What trucks are you guys talking about?

5. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    I've seen them in a lot of international day cabs. They're a car hauling outfit with absolutely junk for equipment.

cabwrecker Thanks this.
  6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Schneider Transport - ie union trucks.

7. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I tried to find a pic on the internet of a Schneider Transport truck. They looked just like the Schneider National trucks except the company name and the Transport trucks always had a big black bold font "S" shaped logo close to or maybe even on the sidebox door that was different. Very surprising there are still some left. Back when I last ran across one at that foundry in Lynchburg, VA 20 some years ago there wasn't more than a dozen or so of them even then.

dwells40 and bzinger Thank this.
  8. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
  9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    There's the "S" logo i was talking about on the roof air dam of that old international. They had that logo in between the sidebox door and the driver (passenger) door on each side of truck on the Freightliner Century Class Transport truck I saw 20 some years ago.

Screenshot_20231110-110336_Chrome.jpg

10. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012

I was actually hired and fired by Jack Cooper in the span of 8 weeks.

Ya know, I can run flatbed, steel, heavy haul, oversized, liquified gases for NASA, spaceX, And even once to Blue origin in van horn.

That’s said, I was told I wasn’t a good fit, from a company that had the hiring style of Swift.

Jack Cooper is a ####ing joke.

I’ll post picture to prove it, and probably dox myself in the process, but I don’t care.

I was local 414 for a hot minute, and being teamster did jack #### all for me, but god #### did they take their money out of my pay.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2023
  11. cabwrecker

cabwrecker The clutch wrecker

Mar 23, 2012

This is what Jack Cooper gives you as a driver.
    #### ### equipment, and they expect you to be productive with a thirty year old low cab long frame Volvo, with no AC, in the midst of summer.

BUT they have the money to buy a defunct company.

I know all y’all yellow guys are teamsters, but I gotta be honest, I want Jack #### to do with Union trucking after this experience.

Attached Files:

autopaint, 48Packard, MACK E-6 and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.