Yes. I am still with Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by flash8515, Feb 17, 2012.

1. flash8515

flash8515 Bobtail Member

May 7, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    For what its worth, yes I am still with Knight. I havn't been on here in a while so I thought I would see what is happening. I see the usual suspects are still on their rampage about Knight. Good for them. It is still a free country with a 1st amendment ( for now anyway ) but that's for another time. I am not here to be a cheerleader for Knight but for the most part I am content. I have enough time with them to voice my opinion with validity. That being said I call Bullcrap. I do not believe half of the claims of injustice I read. The truth is the ones yelling the loudest are the victim of their own demise. Lets face it, a large percentage of truckers (including Knight) are not the sharpest knives in the drawer. They do the most stupid things and get pissed when the company takes action. I see the comments on everything from Knight is unfair to they haul cheap freight. I don't agree with some of the things Knight does but at the end of the day it is their company. They provide the truck, insurance, permits, fuel etc.

The comments on the cheap freight I don't understand. Freight is freight. If you are a company driver it pays the same whether you are hauling recycled paper or beer and the pay is the same whether you are empty or loaded.

I have also read the post's about crappy Knight dispatchers and that is true. Although I have been very lucky as mine has been very good. However, there are crappy ones but that is true with every trucking company. The truth is, the problem usually isn't with the dispatcher but with the planning dept. If the dispatcher gets faulty details from the planner, they will pass that bad info to the driver. It happens, it is what it is.

So anyone looking for a job at any trucking company, go ahead and read these post's. But don't base your decision on misinformation and disgruntled ex employees. In my opinion, I take what I read with a grain of salt. As a general rule I don't believe half the stuff I read here.

So anyway, thought I would put my 2 cents in and say happy trails.

To all the folks reading these posts and trying to figure out which company to work for. I would stop by truck stops and actually talk with truckers and ask them how they like the company they work for. Hear it straight from the horses mouth so to speak. Once you start driving You might go through several companies before you find the right fit or you may get lucky and find a company as I did and not have to switch.

Like I said, don't believe everything you read. :biggrin_25520:

Goodbye until next year......Peace out bruddah

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shadowdaddy

shadowdaddy Bobtail Member

May 25, 2011
    Very well written and well-considered post. Be safe, My bruddah. :biggrin_25514:

4. Bobtail Dylan

Bobtail Dylan Bobtail Member

Hello. I am taking a refresher course after being off the road for several years. I finish this in April and plan to start work immediately. I ran OTR all 48 and local out of Columbus, Ohio before. I am single and my kids are grown. I do not have a house and I am putting my belongings into storage. I plan to stay out for 3-4 weeks at a time--live in the truck and spend home time in Chicago, IL, Jacksonville, FL, and near Dayton, Ohio. I look forward to seeing the country again. I am mainly interested in midwest, south, southwest, and northwest.

I am looking at Deboer and Knight. Also, I like the "environmental" certifications these two boast. My main concern I suppose is simply staying busy and being treated fairly. What can you tell me?

Thanks.

tommy36years Thanks this.
  5. TruckerTwotimes

TruckerTwotimes Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2007
    Pennington Gap VA
    It get's hot in the summertime if you park up and keep that "environmental certification" looking good to the law makers that are at home with their air conditioners running :violent2::smt010

tommy36years Thanks this.
  6. Countryboy87

Countryboy87 Bobtail Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Goood job on ur post....

7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Wish you the best Flash. Hopefully in the next year you don't figure out why Knight trains. :biggrin_2559:

8. local driver

local driver Light Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    SE Michigan
    the two years i spent with knight 07-09..i enjoyed..i had a great dispatcher out of the Indy terminal. I got home every weekend and made good money..if I ever go back out I would definatly call them back.

9. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Good to see something positive about Knight. Just started with them. Great people at Indy. Equipment is good.

10. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    I was just through Indy last month did a service there. The shop staff was all about customer service, the office staff was friendly and helpful. So far it has been one of the best terminals I been through.

11. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Have been to Joliet, IL and KC, KS yards too. Was only at Joliet for a short time, mainly outside late at night. It looked clean. KC I spent the night at. It was kind of dirty, especially the shower:puke:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.