Yet another orientation, experience thread from knight.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Collord216, May 20, 2013.

1. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

You're right on!

Knight normally charges for their orientation if a driver is hired and then quits within 3 mos.

They have nothing invested in a potential driver and most likely feel no obligation or as possibly being 'lied' to (or not up front) to their recruiter, and will drag their feet knowing that no lawyer will be involved to make them pay!

Better not rely on the $ for rent....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. T_Rucker

T_Rucker Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Hey Collord216 - how's it going out there? I was hoping you would give us an update on this thread. Thanks.

4. Collord216

Collord216 Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
    Update for you all,
    ive been solo for three weeks now and for the most part I'm happy! My dm in reno got me home in time for a family camping trip, I'm getting decent runs and making decent money but I'm having trouble with pay... Maybe someone can help me out. It's seems that I don't get paid for one or two runs every pay period, Qualcomm says its waiting for paper work but it clearly has has been trans flowed... Idk what's going on...

5. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Call payroll, they will get you straightened out. This is one of the reasons I opted for "daily pay", much easier, for me at least, to keep track of trips and pay.

6. ksouthard

ksouthard Light Load Member

May 12, 2013
    phoenix, az
    Just to give you all an update Knight hand delivered the check to our front door

drozzer69 Thanks this.
  7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Yea get on daily pay and keep good notes. You'll be on the phone with them weekly btw. That's just how they operate. Many drivers don't catch these "errors" and oh well for them...more money for Knight.

8. drozzer69

drozzer69 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Spring, TX
    Also make sure for your weekly pay that you have all your trips, paperwork tansflowed in on Tuesday before, what 9am MST? We had to have it in by 10 here CST. Only time they sent the message with payroll and had waiting paperwork on it is because I missed the cut off for that payroll period.

9. Collord216

Apr 22, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
    It says I'm on per diem but I get paid every week? Isn't per diem daily pay?

10. Collord216

Apr 22, 2013
    Reno, Nevada
    Quit trying to jack my thread

11. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    Per diem has nothing to do with how often you are paid, just how much of your income is taxed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.