You ALWAYS have a choice......

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by chemsoldier1, Mar 26, 2013.

1. USIT420

USIT420 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Welcome to heartless express 2.0, without the fuel bonus

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    Hey Chem, check those people to see how there idle policies are. I've worked those rigs with vacuum trucks. Sometimes Frac trucks have to sit for around 15 hours. You don't want to get hot.

USA did the same thing to me on the 3 week Home time Policy. I know I didn't ask for it. Texas has one of the best economies around right now. I work for Ryder systems. I haul Demountables to Haverty's stores from Grapevine, TX. I get home after every shift too. Don't worry, Truck driving jobs everywhere. :biggrin_25525:

4. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    well I have been in mine officially a month now.This was the first week out of four that I had not been called about fuel mileage or idle time.I like you Chem am on the 2/2 plan.If that changes I will be looking elsewhere.I turned down a dedicated run with JB last year that paid way more than here and was a guaranteed salary each week and home every weekend plus additional days during the week.Good luck hope things get better for you

5. chemsoldier1

chemsoldier1 Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Lufkin, TX
    I did ask about the idle policy. They don't have one set in stone according to the Safety Director ( who is also the recruiter lol!). Each fleet manager is accountable for everything on every truck P&L and efficiency. Since they don't have load planners, the FMs handle their own accounts plus drivers, and this Energy Services is important enough to not even fall under the normal dispatch group. Basically it was up to the dispatchers according to her. She said it hasn't been a problem yet on anybody but that they "encourage" the drivers not to be wasteful on fuel. She said they will have talks with the drivers if it looks abusive but since they are all telephone and not Qualcomm dispatched then there's not really any electronic monitoring of the trucks.

6. chemsoldier1

Apr 10, 2011
    Lufkin, TX
    Yeah ironically, FE told me that they had not had conversations with anybody in the new trucks yet and initial results were looking good. I was shocked. Every objection I threw out got a "talking point" in response. It was like when Cliff used to give his explanations for why the quarterly report was a train wreck. I honestly think right now everybody in management is in "save my job" mode and they are just trying anything hoping something will work. Like throwing as many darts as you can at one time towards the wall without really aiming, just hoping one will bull's eye. I'm actually really sad about this as its kind of a big letdown.

J_FROG Thanks this.
  7. chemsoldier1

Apr 10, 2011
    Lufkin, TX
    Honestly, and I can't say this enough, I never felt that this company mistreated me in the past. Obviously not everybody has had excellent experiences here as some of our posters can attest. Its just all of a sudden recently, the entire attitude of the management staff has changed. I think everybody is scrambling and now they want to put the pain of failure onto the drivers by cutting our budget but expecting more for less. Even when confronted with the facts about it, I would have thought that somebody would have said, "You know what? You are right. We do appreciate what you do for us and we want you to understand that even though times are hard here, we still have to work together and try to turn this ship around and we need your help to do it." But no, thats not what I got. It was more like "You are acting like a selfish, spoiled little child." It was completely out of character for what I'm accustomed to, and I think if I'd been having better weeks, I would have taken the news slightly better and my reaction might have been tamer. But I feel like I've been floating in the toilet bowl and somebody just took a giant dump on me and then tossed in a used tampon also.

Sorry for the description. I'm just pretty stressed lately. I'm going get positive though. I need to put a smile on and have a polite attitude so I can go get this e-log training done down in VB and at least give them a few weeks of test data.

8. dinkytruckerdoo

dinkytruckerdoo Medium Load Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    Good for you! I ALWAYS had to stick up for myself, against my FM there at USA! GOOD FOR YOU,SIR! The only time I think HE/they got the point was when I quit! Funny you mentioned a "she" for your FM! My buddy is leaving this week, for a better job. Did his full year, got accepted by a better company...he has a "she" FM as well. She called him up and asked if he could do her a favor and stay out for 2 more weeks! He said...I gave you my 2 weeks notice, I start with ANOTHER COMPANY this monday(April 1st)! I'm turning my truck into Atlanta on Friday! She kinda gave him this ######### talk about how "important" he is to the company, yada,yada crap...he just had to tell her FIRMLY...I'm DONE! I'm broke...need money, something I haven't made here in the years time I'm here! Of course there came the "trainer" talk....."oh...you'll make ALOT of money training....you wanna "real paycheck"...we can make that happen." His EXACT words as to what she told him! His responce was, "No, I want to WORK for my money! Not sit all day and do nothing." Not lagging on trainers or anything, but he's kinda like me....I'd rather drive and do something "productive" with my day than just sit there and become a broken record! So now, he's confused as to where they will send him next....he's gotta funny feeling they won't be getting him to Atlanta Friday and that they will screw him over and keep him out, to try to #### him anyway they can! Good Luck getting out.....and when you do get out...CALL THE OPERATIONS MANAGER! I had to do that! My FM there didn't believe I had another job, was gonna keep me out for another 3 weeks, even though I had been out for 3 weeks then. Just called HIS boss and said I'M DONE! Found another job! Truck will be at so and so terminal!

9. Thomas0810

Thomas0810 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2007
    BlueRidge Texas
    sorry your weeks have been rough lately chem,maybe a change of fleet mgr would help,i have Mo on fleet 18 he has a lot of Dallas area drivers.Ran 2900 plus last week going home this weekend

10. J_FROG

J_FROG Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    49 states and Canada
    Yes Chem, so sorry to hear you are leaving but the writting has been on the wall for a long time. I too think this is a Great company that is or has started it's descent into oblivion and have been working on a departuree plan for some time.
    Pay has been great but could be better yet. Just not quite ready to let go yet. I could force myself to put up with elogs since I always run legal anyway. But the intrusion into my lifestyle by taking away the APU'S WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
    This is my home away from home. I am here more than I am in my real house. Don't try to tell me I have to be hot while you sit inside and air conditioned office and are sleeping well at night. They should be looking for better ways to provide more comfort to the drivers, not eliminate it. That applies to all the trucking companies, not just USA.
    When that call comes to me it will just be a quick two wk notice. Been planning the move anyway.

11. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    Chem ill get with you before the class. Would like to discuss this in more detail.

Sent from somewhere out there

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.