you asked for it.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by UFO, Jun 12, 2016.

1. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Some people have a credit sore...painfully bad.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    I heard...Arrow trucking left their drivers stranded with an inactive fuel card up to 2000 miles from home.And "went out of business without telling the drivers"at or around Christmas Day! THAT'S BS

4. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    And who ever owned that outfit should've been sued out of their clothes and left naked with a sign that says: "Booty for hire. Willing to be screwed because we screwed."

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Worse than that, there was a lease op who had paid off his truck over there. He kept asking for his title and the office pukes kept giving him the run around for months. Finally when Arrow went under, Freighliner repo'd his truck even though he had made over $100,000 in lease payments for it.

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  6. young trucker

young trucker Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I leased through a mega carrier not going to say the name, but I am happy thus far.

This carrier actually wants you to succeed. They like knowing that their o/o will be dependable and on the road, because they are making money.
    I pick my own freight, and have yet to meet a single o/o in this company that said to me don't do it.

The stories they told me about cash that can be made, thus far have been true. I am making money have a decent lightly used truck that had 164k when i got it. Payment is only 775 ish area....

There are some companies out there that won't screw you over.... research research research... I did for well over a year talking to o/o through lease purchasing from about every company out there....

Even when I decided to do it I was still skeptical. But after 5 months rather happy... for now but we all know that can change

Voodoo Pyg and Lonesome Thank this.
  7. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Keep up the good job son , glad you're doing so well with this ideal ... Let us know how that works out for you

8. young trucker

Sep 29, 2012
    Well so far so good, but I want to add.
    I am pretty frugal, knew not to get into this without having 15k saved up or more.
    And I still save save, few years i will have enough saved to be able to do my own thing. I do what I have to do in order to better myself.

But I work hard and stay on the road most of the time. Also have an awesome woman at home that deals with it with out moaning and groaning.

She sees the checks and knows I work my bass off week in and out. That alone is a huge help.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    I worked for a small local moving company (van line) that had a large otr department. They buy only kenworth W900s and do the l/p thing. Most every road driver said they only run good when they owe the company money. As in as soon as the truck is paid for they got crap loads, or got crap loads just before paying it off and truck got repoed. But drivers just love the idea of owning a long nose kw

young trucker Thanks this.
  10. young trucker

Sep 29, 2012

Thank you will keep this in mind...and be prepared

11. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    See that's the catch. If things are going bad the
    Lease"er (sucker) can't just take his business/service
    Elsewhere.
    He doesn't own anything but his dirty underwear.
    The company owns everything and controls the freight.
    He is 100 percent at the companies mercy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.