Completely FUBARED a 9 speed in a 1994 Volvo. Not sure what happened internally, but it locked up going down main street at 35 mph, then the case split, letting the truck haphazardly coast to a stop. I didnt even know that the case could split, and I've never heard of it happening either. Maybe I've been living under a rock?
Your worst breakdown and how did it happen?
Page 2 of 4
((((he parked on a sidewalk once when his time ran out and we switched...he was not the tip of the javelin but parking on a sidewalk in ny ny is not the best idea even if you are stuck in traffic for hours...i managed to get back into a lane and get out of ny ny but i knew then i needed to get away from team driving, schneider, and semi's right then))))
.. where as i only stop when filling up, and in a real truck stop where i can just pull away since we were only stopped for 2 hrs typically.... did notice after filling up the truck once it was slight crooked when i came back from bathroom and had not been when filling. but that was near the end of our driving relationship... me and the truck broke up when i walked out on schneider... not sure what my partner did after he left too so maybe he quit... saw him get in to car near mine. the breaks squealed to if that helps... it was suppose to be a new truck and the odometer only had like 8000 on it when i got the truck... but the truck didnt drive new and definitely didnt park new after a month or sox1Heavy Thanks this.
April 1993.....driving a 1989 IHC 9670, Picked up a load of 55 gallon drum in a 45' wagon in Hammond,IN,tandems all the way forward, Never payed attention- heading for Green Bay-
I get into Wisconsin,Its 8pm..Coop Open- Way over on trailer (3500 pounds) Ticket for $250 AND cant leave till legal.....
Its 9:30pm now- Im in back of scale,Young,Dumb and scared.i see Scale Close-Cops all leave- AND SO DO I......
Mile down the Road he gets behind me with the lights- "You gotta be kidding me" I say.
Yep,He makes me follow him back to the scale-Reweigh,Then another $250 ticket...
This gets better folks.
So Its after 10pm-Im Tired Pissed-I'm going to bed- Wake up next morning called the Patch- Got Yelled at
I Told them there's way too much weight-Cant Slide them To Leave....They sent out service truck with Torch to Heat up Slider mechanism and pins-
Mechanic said "OK,Give it a try" Threw it in Low,let out clutch- BOOM Rear Diff exploded, Oil all over scale property in back, Towed me another truck-Freed the Pins-On my Way to Green Bay- Cost me a weeks pay in Fines.. And $500 Bucks was about weeks pay in 93.
1) Blowing a turbo on the Coquihala. Was driving my favorite truck ever (2010 freightliner classic daycab glider w/6nz)
It wasn't the worst, as they all suck, but the best because: Got to see 6 ft flames shooting out of the stacks, got to play mcguiver by using a touque as a make shift air filter to half ### close the intake to limp it to the brake check and make a big mess, to then hitch a ride home 15 mins later
2) Blowing a 30$ plastic coolant pipe in behind egr cooler and whole bunch of other crap on my own truck, also on the coquihala, on a Saturday, resulting in a $1200 tow home because nobody could come out, and $1000 bill monday evening, which in turn threw off the 2nd half of the week costing another few thousand. Why is that pipe moulded plastic?!?@###%##
3) Grenading fab hub, also on my truck when I had less than 1000 miles on it, in rush hour on a Friday, greater Vancouver, area, busy offramp off of of Hwy 1, sorry traffic, hahah.
4) Grenading fan hub again, on my truck, and on the coquihala, yet again, $600 tow to hope, and 10 days to get parts FML. Just a fan hub, I know. All options were explored. Then the water pump and power diver went.
I have International prostar 2016 cummins engine. Engine shut off while i was driving and steering wheel became stiff, i had triangle sign on and it didnt turn back on until 15-25 mins.
- after 15-25 mins engine turned back on and triangle sign was gone, but after and hour or two engine shut off again and again.
- took it to the repair shop. replaced both knox sensors, actuators, batteries, checked the ecm, wires were good.
- after the repairs this is still happening and mechanics also not sure and there isnt any codes at all
please help me out with this
At one point yesterday, I would have said, the locker in my back rear. It has quit for some reason, and since I had fenders with no clearance for tire chains, I chained the rear (usually chain the front) With that locker not working I clawed my way to the top of atigun and messed up a chain. I started locking up as soon as I came off the top heading down and finished off the chain pretty quick, which let that one side lock up and turn me sideways. I would have to speed up, which happened quite a few times, I hate coming off a mountain sideways. Since we made it down in one piece, it is not too major of a break down, just had the potential to be. lol
Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
Page 2 of 4