Zombie threads

Discussion in 'Truck Forum Information Center' started by Cat sdp, Apr 4, 2016.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm with @Big Don here.

If someone posted about a company in the "report a bad company" section, and that company has since been taken over by new management and is a better place to work for because of it, I'd say that would be worth posting about in an old thread.

Big Don Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Shut up dude.......I'm the low man on the totem pole!

Cat sdp, Big Don, tucker and 1 other person Thank this.
  4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    The way I found the forum was through a search engine about a specific topic. I'm sure many other people find us the same way. I think it would be a shame to shut down old threads. Oftentimes when someone starts a new thread several people will jump all over with replies that there are already other threads about that particular topic and why didn't the original poster do a search etc. On the other hand if someone does a search and posts in a 7 year old thread they are berated for reviving an old thread lol.

People want to post new stuff in old threads, I vote that's OK

25(2)+2 Thanks this.
  5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    agreed

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  6. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Yesterdays Gone ...
    delete everything more than one day old :)

7. Utah Mike

Utah Mike Bobtail Member

Apr 13, 2016
    some threads state I do not have permission to post their. Not sure how that works. is there a secret handshake i'm supposed to know about?

8. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I opened this post thinking there would be some shenanigans about Zombies lol.
    Some threads are posted by the mods and no one can reply, or the mods have locked the thread down for whatever reason.

d o g Thanks this.
  9. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri

reminds me of this. read the whole thing lol

How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
    14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
    7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    1 to move it to the Lighting section
    2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
    7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    5 to flame the spell checkers
    3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
    2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
    15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
    19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
    11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
    7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
    3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
    1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

10. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Those are extremely annoying, pasting the entire previous post only to reply "wow you said a mouthful there"

Or how bout the topic starter, "I got hit how can I get it fixed?"

Then 12 pages of comments later here comes someone saying "I didn't read all the posts, what's going on?"

11. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I hate to break it to you Mike, (yeah, you do see a "but" (not "butt") coming here,) BUT those of us who live in Utah are totally discriminated against in this, and all other forums. It's sort of like we are the unclaimed relatives or something...:biggrin_25516::biggrin_25510:

:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.