4 or 5 am start time

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Neo14, Mar 3, 2021.

1. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Recruiters are good at leaving out info that would make anybody not want to work there

Speedy Sailor and Frank Speak Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Some of y’all on here are a miserable bunch, how hard is it to tell the guy “congrats, and good luck on the new gig”? If my excitement for a new job was met with the typical negativity out of some guys on this site I would sign off from here and learn to form my own opinions.

4. Trashtrucker1707

Trashtrucker1707 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    And I say this after nearly 20 years of being out here, I’ve been through the ups and downs of this profession and everywhere in between, and lord knows the world is a heck of place right now. I’m simply saying the “brotherhood” we all miss, exists in support for one another, not some of the negativity I see too much of in here lately.

5. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I hear you man, and I sincerely hope his new gig is everything he hopes. I didn’t mean to sound negative. I just think, as a new driver, he should be informed of the likelihood the recruiter is yanking his chain.

Is it not better he hears that here from those of us that have been there?

But again, your point is taken. And I agree with you that we can display a pretty jaded attitude sometimes. But , in turn, you have to admit that jaded attitude isn’t without merit.

kemosabi49 and Trashtrucker1707 Thank this.
  6. Neo14

Neo14 Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2021
    Yep I had my interview already it wasn’t a recruiter it was the boss, so we will see. Hopefully it all works out. If it doesn’t I have a backup company ready to hire me too. I realize recruiters lie all the time. I’ve been through that already quite a bit. But thanks.

7. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    You'll be fine. Ignore the naysayers. This industry......and this forum, is full of them.

8. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    I love starting my days at 3:30-4am and being finished by 3pm. Bout as close to a 9-5 as you'll get in this industry

Neo14, Badmon and Dockbumper Thank this.
  9. Cobrakaiguy

Cobrakaiguy Light Load Member

Nov 16, 2020
    Dallas
    That will be hard, with no experience. Most of the guys who get weekends off are high up on the seniority tree, you will most likely have to work a Saturday or a Sunday, like China said maybe a food service company.

10. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    From what I hear, ndcp and and saia are two of the best paying/benefit companies going right now, LTL is also Monday to Friday and a little easier on the body then food service

dump truck is also usually 8-10 hrs a day but that whole market just doesn’t pay

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.