An old man's career goes flat, Snackbar moves to open deck

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Jul 27, 2022.

1. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I guess yes and no. Leavitts, just like Belmont(SPD’s glass hauling company), was never a part of Daseke until COTC bought them.
    That’s different, in my opinion, when compared to Daseke owned companies merging.

D.Tibbitt and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I wonder....with this Wylie partnership, will Daseke just assimilate Belmont into Wylie's glass hauling division.

D.Tibbitt and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. kylefitzy

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Who knows, but doubtful. They haul for one customer, almost everyone is home daily. They only have a few longer runs to ca and up into Canada.

D.Tibbitt and Lonesome Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    To show how bad my batteries are, I got home last night and before going in the house I plugged in the shore power. With nothing running in the truck, my APU started about an hour ago to charge the batteries...with the shore power charging too.

6. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Called breakdown today to see if my little engine shaped nightlight needed to go to the dealer. He found out that it was on because it thinks I shut down the engine while it was doing a regen. But I also asked him about my APU service. He said it has never had a service and I have almost 2600 hours(they want it serviced at 1000 hours)... there's your problem Snackbar...the truck has been serviced more than once, but the APU hasn't ever been serviced.

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I also spoke to breakdown about the KW I was in that had to go to the dealer because I thought it had an internal engine failure like a wrist pin bearing or a rocker arm failer that was causing a loud rapping. Turns out, PACCAR engines are having injector issues. Some only require a deep professional cleaning while others, like the one I had, needed all new injectors. It didn't feel or pull like an injector issue, but it is apparently running fine now...so I didn't blow the motor.

8. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Yes sir, I’ve got 32k miles on my ‘23 579. It sounds like it’s going to blow at lower RPM’s when cold. Runs fine however and pulls well. Some of our older ‘23’s have already had the issue corrected. I guess I’m just waiting…..

austinmike, D.Tibbitt and Bumper Thank this.
  9. Winnyf1

Winnyf1 Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2015
    Evansville, IN
    I would be surprised if you got a 10 spd auto if it’s a Paccar, more likely they’ll give you the new 12 spd - that’s their big push. I truly hope you don’t get the 455 hp motor, it’s not going to be enough for the loads you tend to pull.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Wow hopefully they don't run cotc in to the ground... That may be one of the few trucking companies that I've never actually heard a driver say anything bad about them.

Gearjammin' Penguin and Rugerfan Thank this.
  11. kylefitzy

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    Ain’t no telling anymore. If it works for a wheel loader on an rgn it has to work for everything, right? They know best.

I’ll find out soon enough, they say the trucks will be here end of March or beginning of April.

Winnyf1, Lonesome and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.