Anderson Trucking / ATS

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by dcedlr, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Truckerwife80

Truckerwife80 Bobtail Member

Oct 29, 2012
    So I'm brand new here, and I'm a truckers wife. My husband is considering leasing onto ATS and was going to stop and ask a few of the drivers he sees on the road on his trip he's on right now. I figured I would ask here :) Seems alot of you seem friendly enough ;) Can any of you tell me if you currently work for them now and if so, do you have a hard time receiving loads? He's going for flatbed/heavy haul. I apologize for being so naive, I'm still learning alot about the trucking industry. He's teaching me slowly. He's owned his own trucks before and he's working as a company driver currently. Thanks so much in advance!!! :)

Rufus60 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. seawind

seawind Medium Load Member

May 8, 2009
    West Tennessee
    Working on percentage with ATS has typically been good until now. I don't know what you done during the last 4 years, but stay away from Anderson Trucking Service (ATS)!!! Brenda and Brett Anderson are driving this company into the ground. Drivers (including me) are leaving as fast as we can get the a yard. We now work for a J.B. Hunt type company!!!

4. purple elephant

purple elephant Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Hickory, NC
    Any money to be made at Anderson?

5. Rooster1291979

Rooster1291979 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    I do very well at Anderson. I lease on the flatbed side.

6. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    don't ever fleece purchase a truck.....I don't care what company you go to. its a scam

DrtyDiesel Thanks this.
  7. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    All I know is ATS told me they'd hire me for flatbed. Though once I told him I'm from Florida they decided they wouldn't hire me unless I run van. Then he threw in "But if you lease a truck through us, we'll hire you on as a flatbeder out of Florida".

Yeah, I said no thanks and went to Lonestar. I loved that company. I'd go back if I ever felt like leaving local and going back OTR

8. Rooster1291979

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Please tell us why ats lease is a scam.

9. Rooster1291979

Sep 4, 2012
    NOLA
    Theres not a bunch of freight ats hauls into Florida. If you want to drive flatbed out of there you need to pay the fuel bill. Makes sense to me.

Airborne and DarkhorseEnterprises Thank this.
  10. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    My thoughts were why work for them when another company would pay me just a little more to drive out of florida.

I drove flats for roehl and Lonestar. Both of which had freight going in and out of florida. I didn't go home too often so I'm guessing that could be a factor in them letting me run flats.

Longest deadhead home was 600 miles or so. Longest deadhead to load was 700.

11. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.