BEWARE of WERNER!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Sheilaluvs, May 9, 2018.

1. Sheilaluvs

Sheilaluvs Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2018
    If there was a 0 star I would put it. I got out of school and was excited to start with what I thought was a good company to work for. I had just recently left due to some serious issues.
    Dispatch on the weekend and nights leaves you making no money. which then leaves your check under $300 a week at times. which isn't even minimum wage, so that is a department of labor suit .
    The equipment is absolutely tore up. I have videos of how my truck poured rained on the inside of my cab. It would give me had breaks when the truck wasn't even moving because the electrical was soaked along with other electrical problems that could have cost lives (which is a DOT safety violation). I took it into the shop and waited for days, twice and it was never really fixed, it still got me wet and impaired my view. Oh and just so you know I did not get paid for waiting (which is a department of labor suit). Also every time I went out of my way to call in a trailer problem and get it fix for them when others wouldn't it went on my safety record, so I went from a 0-54, how ridiculous is that? Just the companies safety record, my DOT is still good. No wonder why no one ever say anything to have them fixed.
    The benefits department is inhuman as a single mother I put my dependents on everything I thought, oh but I forgot one little box. They made my life hell, for me to make them do it, when it would of took like 5 sec. and during the appeals I sent in that were denied (inhuman) all my dependents were uncovered and anything could have happened.
    The payroll department forgot to take my deductions out one week/check and the next week/check without warning they took them out leaving me and my family with no check at all. Forcing my hand to leave the company and try to find another that, well might be truthful (wage suit with the department of labor). WARNER ENTERPRISES INC. (trucking company) SUCKS, DO NOT WORK THERE, SAVE YOURSELF THE HEARTACHE AND TROUBLE. And if you had problems with you truck you need to report it to the DOT so they can investigate. Let us not, let them get away with this any more. REPORT! REPORT! REPORT! I can not say it enough.
    dot.gov (safety issues), eeoc.gov (discrimination issues), dol.gov (wage issues), $10.50 is a mandatory wage law if you are not making it they are breaking it. Let's stand together.

Elg1968 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Taylorboy1117

Taylorboy1117 Bobtail Member

Apr 28, 2018
    It sucks to hear that. Hopefully you find a company that better suits you

4. Odin's Rabid Dog

Odin's Rabid Dog Heavy Load Member

May 6, 2018
    NW MT
    Uh, good luck with all those "suits" you describe.

5. OmcCheese

OmcCheese Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Colorado springs, Co
    10.50 an hour is for hourly workers. Truck drivers are not considered hourly workers.... Just sayin

Snoogler, polo king 92, Coover and 8 others Thank this.
  6. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    Dang, and I was just considering going to Werner too...

Seriously though, hope you find something better. Concentrate on that and not on Werner and you'll be fine.

fargonaz and sevenmph Thank this.
  7. aramil248

aramil248 Road Train Member

Jan 16, 2017
    Maine
    I feel like we're missing part of the story because I never see a truck like that at a terminal or drop yard. They always give me loads. I feel like that under $300 pay check is something fishy. I just feel like you're hiding something like maybe you was being a *** to everyone so they don't want to bother with you or you are lazy and never drove the miles. Yes werner is a mega so not perfect but everything you are saying doesn't make sense to me.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Labor wont help you. Whatever you are paid as a trucker, you are exempt from overtime etc.

There are ADS popping up in the local papers for CDL drivers in vehicles UNDER 10,000 pounds to collect overtime back pay all of a sudden now. But oh shoot your blue truck weights 80000 so it's exempt.

So they are inhumane. Fine. Get cold yourself. Check everything to the nth degree. You are after all the agent of your company. YOU decide if the equiptment is safe to drive or not. Defects? Shop. More shop and keep turning it back into the shop until fixed, given new truck or better yet fired after you are burying them in unprofitable bills on a rusted out raining truck. Get hard.

I realize your dependants are everything. That's fine. I don't know what else to tell you except to pull up your DAC and prepare a rebuttal if necessary. Defend yourself where necessary. But understand you individually as a CDL driver among millions in the USA is just a dirt in a gearing of a locomotive. Easily cleaned out for someone else at any time.

Im sorry you had a bad company. Toss that onto the pile. wash your feet and move on your life. Tomorrow is a better day and it will be. What is done is done. What should I think is ideal is that you absorb these bad experiences and get hard yourself. Next thing you know you are all over whatever the next company that hires you. And they cannot push you around like a newbie.

9. DTP

DTP Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Werner is bad? Say it ain’t so! Never would have guessed...

spyder7723, Dave_in_AZ and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. THE ROOKIE

THE ROOKIE Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Buena Vista, GA
    Why is it that people always find this sight after they get bent over by one of these crap companies. If you due your research ahead of time then you can sometimes avoid the pitfalls that are so prevalent in this industry. Their is plenty of info on this sight to help one make an informed decision. I truly hope everything works out for you.

11. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Sounds like you need to work for yourself so you can be the responsible person to provide everything your family needs. Most truckload companies don’t pay you to wait on truck repairs. Once you get experience then maybe you can find a company that will. Werner is a starter company just like many other truckload OTR carriers where new drivers pay their dues until they can get a better job. If you are counting on any company to take care of all your needs in life you will be bashing them all. I feel your frustration, but they are an employer, not a social services agency.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    spyder7723, nightgunner and DTP Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.