blue tooth headset

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by rollin coal, Jul 7, 2017.

1. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    I had mine less than a year, and something failed so I couldn't hear what was being said. They could hear me, but that's still pointless. I bought a $40 LG Tone Pro, and it works very well for me. GF has the same one, and I can hear her talking to me while she runs the vacuum.

Diesel Dave and JReding Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    It’s been over a year now, and I still think this headset is amazing. Very loud and clear. Holds charge well, comes with Lithium battery, which does not have memory problems of older rechargeable battery types. Very lightweight, and comfy. Also will play music and driving directions from my iPhone over Bluetooth.

If you click the original Amazon link in my original review, it will show as “not available”, but I think Amazon sells the exact same unit under different brand names. Expect to pay around $25 with free shipping for Prime members.

PLEASE NOTE:
    Did a bit of research and it looks like this is the exact same item, same packaging, “G Cord Brand” shows in the description.

Firegram Wireless Bluetooth V4.1 Headsets for Phone Calls, Video Conference, Aviatio... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NB16N4C/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_tQ9yAbYP78YVC

My experience with Amazon customer service has been excellent, if you try one of these, and are not satisfied, call Amazon for a return ticket. In most cases for inexpensive items like this, in the past, I’ve been told to just trash them. While Amazon gives you a full credit. Sometimes they even give a $5.00 credit for your trouble.
    Wished I could say that truck stops give me the same confidence and convenience!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  4. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    I like my Blue Tiger headphone. Had it close to 2 years now and still works great, sure I don't drop it and charge it once a week, sometimes more often depending if I talk to friends while driving a lot.
    Once factory battery gives out I plan on replacing it and using it for many more years.

5. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    If you like / don’t mind the ones that go behind your ear the Plantronics Legend seems decent. My only issue so far is that sometimes my iPhone switches to the phone when I answer instead of the Bluetooth but that could very well be an iOS problem. You just have to tap the call audio button on the phone to switch so not a big deal. With a full charge it has about 7hrs talk time and charges quickly.

Be careful buying Amazon as they don’t seem to care much about fake reviews, “replicas”, or sellers that misrepresent their wares.

6. mhyn

mhyn Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Northridge, CA
    I have blue tiger elite for 3-4 years now. A week a go mic stopped working. Opened it and found cut little wire under battery. soldered it and it is working again ))))...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.