Brake check

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Bud A., Jun 20, 2021.

1. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    Didn't actually make contact thankfully. And I didn't cuss because I was on the phone with Mom lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
  4. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Ok - I’ll put the flame suit on, but here goes.

He/she/it - was exceeding the speed limit, not paying attention, passing everything then realized that was the exit they needed.

Luckily for them, they weren’t ballsy enough to try to yank it into the exit ramp - would have been a mess running into that barricade.

You were doing nothing wrong - your only defense would be running the middle lane - which is hotly contested here, but I understand.

This is the reason I move left for exiting traffic, because after 16 years - I’ve had 0.01 % decide at the last minute it was the wrong exit, and reenter traffic at 40 mph.

Honestly there’s not a lot you could have reasonably done to prevent it.

One day it’ll happen to me - and I hope I’m as quick to react as you did.

And to those that recommended gassing on it and killing them - just remember - that’s somebodies dumb son/daughter/wife/brother.

The ever increasing burden is on us as professionals to save idiots from themselves.

5. Just a rookie

Just a rookie Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2021
    canuckdia
    failure to signal, cutting off another vehicle, being too close to the vehicle ahead of it, reckless driving, traveling too fast for the road conditions, driving on a shoulder, failure to signal re-entry onto the road way from the shoulder, and in some jurisdictions failure to activate hazards while on shoulder. If you find a cop who feels like throwing the book at em he can easily scare them into realising theres enough traffic violations in that clip to send them back to traffic school it all depends on the cop, the plate should still be read-able from the video, as long as you have the state on it even if you're missing a letter/number thats usuallly enough. hopefully well hear about this florida man getting his just desserts

6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    At least you were paying attention. Even when they were not.
    Kudos to you driver

mjd4277, Bud A. and Blue jeans Thank this.
  7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    someone posted here in another thread, a white camaro cutting off a trucker, and slamming into the wall.

i cannot find it.

8. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Pretty danm close though. smh

Brake check or trying for the exit?

People do some crazy stuff to get to an exit 'quicker'. I'll never forget the time a little old lady came flying up on the left in a little toyota and cut straight across to make the exit. Not quite as close to contact as this one but close. The reason it stuck with me is she devil may care look I saw on her face and the fact she looked like Granny Clampett.

Bud A. and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    #### that was close. To bad he didnt impale himself in the guard rail and do us all a favor.

10. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    That’s what I thought first, but -

Could be someone distressed trying to get to a family member in hospital or something.

Devil’s advocate I know.

mjd4277, InTooDeep, Bud A. and 2 others Thank this.
  11. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Good boy!

Bud A. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.