Cargo Theft Ambush

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Aug 4, 2021.

1. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Unfortunately everyone seems to be in it for themselves.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Well, I hope all those people die. There. My hope tops their hope. Pizz on them.

4. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Everyone hates cops till they need one.

FerrissWheel and lovesthedrive Thank this.
  5. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Trucker61016, Gatordude and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  6. Arctic_fox

Arctic_fox Experienced mx13 execrator

Sep 16, 2016
    One part that stands out to me. It took 21 minutes for help to get there in a major city. That right there should tell you something. In this case there was little either the officer or driver could have done. But if even when a cop is shot near to death, something that tends to stir every officer into a frothing rage....and it still takes almost half an hour to get there......well....lets just say it confirms the old saying "when seconds count the cops are minutes away" and only reinforces having an active self defense for me.

7. JoeyJunk

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Oh that would be great. But I’m sure there’s a way for the wussy parents to pull their wussy kid out of it.
    I say we just put the parents through a parenting boot camp and then they can pass it on to the kids.

Or euthanize they parents if they raise a crappy kid. That may work lol.

8. tiddlytanker

tiddlytanker Light Load Member

May 4, 2017
    Minot, ND
    Really shows that the driver made the right decision to not confront the thief. Might be a dead man if he had.

9. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Good riddance to bad rubbish.

FerrissWheel and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Cop didn't follow proper procedure when approaching an uncertain situation. He just strolled up like it was safe, and didn't clear the scene before investigating. Plus, story says he was hit in the lung, that means his ballistic vest failed or he wasn't wearing one.

Also, this gives more proof that a national CCW permit is needed so drivers can legally carry a weapon without all the redtape of the varying states that don't have reciprocating agreements with the drivers home state's CCW permit.

11. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    This happened at the dirt patch at the end of the off ramp from I-70 to US 287, just southwest of the scale at Limon maybe 3 miles. (This is the turn from I-70 to the south on the shortest route from Denver to Amarillo, if that helps.) Trucks park there all the time. Hugo is southwest about 16 miles, and neither is what you'd call a city, let alone a major city. Aurora and Denver are about 90 miles away, Colorado Springs and Pueblo are further, and the last two aren't major cities either.

I'm amazed anyone got there in 20 minutes. Lincoln County is the definition of "rural," over 2500 square miles (bigger than Delaware) with about 5000 residents. The neighboring counties are similarly sparse. The crime rate is low. You don't expect this kind of thing to happen there, but the interstate brings in people from everywhere.

I'm not too sad that the guy offed himself. Saves the people who live there the expense of a trial.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.