Clearinghouse Rule!

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Raffito, Dec 26, 2019.

1. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Nope current employers have to look you up once a year to see if you didn't try and apply at another company and failed the drug test.

Drivers do not need to sign up for anything...at least company drivers. Not sure about owner operators.

x1Heavy and scottied67 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dibstr

dibstr Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Mississippi
    The only reason a company driver needs to register is if an employer or prospective employer is required to run a full inquiry. Driver registration is needed then so a driver can give electronic permission for the full inquiry. Limited inquiries do not require electronic permission therefore no registration is required.

Owner ops if they actually hire themselves as a driver have to comply as a company as well as a driver. Additionally they have to designate a consortium/third party admin.

4. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Yes, to add to this, the only time your employer would have to do a full inquiry is if they do a soft inquiry on you and comes back as having a record on you. At that point they would need to do a hard inquiry to see what the record is. Driver would then have to register to give permission to the employer to go ahead and do a hard inquiry.

x1Heavy and dibstr Thank this.
  5. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    my employer has told us the same regarding the 'soft' and 'hard' inquiry. the only catch my employer demands that we must do the register thing before Jan 6, or we will not be dispatched until we do.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I vote for the ELD mandate and a revision of crippling emissions standards...

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    I'm o/o leased onto company. Just got text saying I have to register. What's it all about?

8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

You create an account (register) at the govt web site. It's no big deal. Here's a link to the "Learning Center", govt speak for information page.
    Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse -

x1Heavy and Raffito Thank this.
  9. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    As an employer, with all of the issues going on with the system, how long would we have to get updated in the clearinghouse? I keep reading but the only date I am finding is January 6th.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    There is no date on the Clearinghouse site, so my guess is "until further notice".
    Of course that is just a guess.

deathB4decaf Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.