Company DOT physical

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by nredfor88, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Lpirtle

Lpirtle Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Well, awesome.. so swift may have caused me a bigger headache than I thought. What I understood from their Nurse Practitioner is that the physical was pending until I got a mental evaluation done on my ADHD. I didn't realize that she actually failed me on the physical(the reason stated was because I needed an updated evaluation on my ADHD.) until I took a closer look at the paperwork a few days ago. She rejected the evaluation that the Psychologist did as well. I know that its legal to get a second opinion from someone else, but if what your saying is true; this this is going to be a PTIA.. all because Swift made me go to an examiner that was so incompetent that I swear she got her medical license from a cereal box.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Well that sucks, I would find a carrier that either didn't make you take one from their doctor, or one that would just accept the one you can get on your own.

4. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    Yeah, I decided that I was going to Jrayl once I realized that I was probably being discriminated against by swift. (I currently have a discrimination complaint pending.)
    However, thing is.. I already sent Jrayl my old physical.. I didn't realize that my new physical was marked as a Fail until afterwords.. so im not sure what to do about that.

5. csmith1281

csmith1281 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    My friend, your MedCard would be the least of your headaches if you worked there. I would strongly advise you not to work at Swift until Knight has had a looong time to clean it up. It’s only been two years since Knight bought them out. One simply does not completely turn over all the corrupt, careless, and abusive employees in an organization that large in two years.

x1Heavy, Lpirtle and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Just go to JRayL and maybe luck out. Maybe Swift didn't send it in. All you can do is try. If you weren't hired by Swift, then you weren't an employee, so no need to mention Swift. JRayL will want to know you past employers, not who didn't hire you.
    If you apply to 50 trucking companies, you don't list all of them on every job application, because you didn't work for them.

Lpirtle Thanks this.
  7. Lpirtle

Oct 11, 2019
    Owensboro, ky
    I applied to Jrayl two weeks ago. (It took that long to do my background check, and safety to approve it.) Im supposed to leave by plane on Sunday for orientation. I will report how it goes.. thanks everyone for the replies. :)

8. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Sometimes the failed one sent electronic within hours. Better check your DL status.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Good luck, and when they find out, just get another physical.

10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    So I learned something today.

Why bother with DOT Physical when you are not going to be able to get one anyway? Or lose the perfectly good one you have.

Used to be in the past the Doctors would submit to the State DMV to challenge someone's ability to remain a licensed driver in a car as they advanced in years. Sometimes that ability goes away in time. Quite a few quiet changes behind the scenes I see.

11. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Examiners are supposed to send in a pass or fail. I took one out of state & was gonna fax it in , the company already had it & she checked DMV they had it also. Next time I was in town had to take up there also . that was in 2016.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.