Crete/Shaffer‼️

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the white knight, Nov 22, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I always looked at the monthly mile average instead the weekly, mostly because my bills come in once a month.

When I was there, Crete, like most dry van companies, was migrating towards shorter length of haul mostly because their main customers were moving in that direction. Walmart especially, since they try to locate their D/C's within a certain distance to a bunch of stores. At one time, the plan was going to be that all Crete drivers were gonna be regional. If you picked up a load going out of your region, you took it to a terminal or drop yard in the next region and dropped it, then picked up something coming back into your base region. But the '08 recession interrupted that plan.

Farmerbob1 and Bumper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    Too funny!!! I caught the news because I don’t listen to the radio when driving. Apple halted stock, immediately I pulled over and made a quick decision. Short Apple 110K short at 147.00. Nervous as heck but woke up in the AM very early and saw I gained 8%!!!! Too excited. Sold it, took profits and now I watch them. If it breaks 141, I’ll repeat the short to 135.00. @ times I make more trading than I do trucking. Trucking keeps me focused on the real task at hand. Alone, quiet so I can think and make wise decisions in the stock market. Tomorrow will be a guessing game but I don’t stay in overnight. IF the market drops it’s going to retest the lows. The Donald Trump lows. Look back and you’ll know what I mean. There’s a gap there and markets always like to fill the gaps. Buy with two fists if you see that happen. You want people to be scared, really scared like the world is coming to an end. When there is panic and forced selling, YOU buy with everything you got!!!

Metallica88 and dwells40 Thank this.
  4. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Apple plunge costing Warren Buffett nearly $4 billion - CNN

5. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Yup and the super funny thing is today, I bought a lot. Maxed out my account at the open, all on Apple.
    Another 7%! In and out in 1 day.
    Was nervous but no risk is no reward.

And I even got 3147 for miles for the week. Not too shabby! Ooo, and I hit there silly bonus of .02 cpm for all miles in 3 months. If you drive safely 30K or more miles in 90 days they will pay you .02 cents on ALL miles. Example: 33,000 miles in 90 days, they will pay you .02 X 33,000. I guess that’s okay.

The girlfriend laughs at me because I budget 50.00 a week for food, never eating out or treating myself. Spend, spend and spend and the company owns you!!

Everyone stay safe out there, heading to Houston!
    I love Texas!!!

Metallica88 and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  6. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
  7. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    $50 a week. I wish I could do that.
    If I wanted to start up in the market I reckon I'd probably need $25,000 to get started?

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    It cost Berkshire Hathaway that much of their value, but Uncle Warren is in it for the long term so the value will rebound.

Farmerbob1 and dwells40 Thank this.
  9. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Give or take BUT it’s not for the faint of heart. I don’t have a wife to answer to or kids. A wife or family would never let you throw in 120K in the market. I have listed some of my mistakes. 1 day, I tricked myself and lost 8K in 45 minutes.
    But that’s okay because I will make it back twice fold.
    3 targets on Monday.... my thoughts, the market jumped on Friday and there will be a pullback. Give me my 2/3% off of 100K and I’ll be happy as a duck in a pond.
    1. Apple jumps I short
    2. Now that the fed is not raising interest rates Gold will stop rising SO gold stock miners will take a hit and I will short.
    3. Tesla, will try to get it low, 304.00 and wait for 311.00
    Also I don’t like SQ going up 11% in one day.

It’s a lot of homework but what else am I going to do out here, eat hotdogs???

Worried about buffet saying he’s buying more. He will be dead before it hits 200.00. Just the facts, no1 is running out and buying new iPhones. And they like to blame it on China.... Are you replacing your IPhone?? Mine works fine!

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  10. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    I'm an Android man myself.

11. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Apple users have always been a bit irrational. Many of their users almost worship the company rather than buying for legitimate, rational reasons.

The cost for most Apple products is not supported by their features. This is not always the case. Sometimes their breakthrough products really are worth it.

However, when considering Apple, it is always a good idea to err on the side of techno-religious worship. Their stock value is always higher than it should be, and their market share is greater than it should be.

the white knight Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.