dont know if i should laugh or cry

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Luse, Jan 5, 2014.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    My question is how many messages are kept on the driver's screen? Why can't they scroll up and read the last few messages the driver sent?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. postmandav

postmandav Medium Load Member

May 18, 2008
    south portland, maine
    That would make sense. But remember, each dispatcher could be handling 25-150 trucks (depending on the size of the company).

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    My DM, or any DM I call, never has any problem reading my entire list of messages.
    It all depends on how much time and effort they want to expend at that moment.

I was speaking to a weekend DM from an entirely different terminal, and we were just chatting at that point.
    I mentioned a service failure that was unjustified, and in just a few seconds he was telling me what he was reading on his screen - and that it was indeed not justified in his opinion.

We, our entire trucking life, are an open book to them if they choose to press a few buttons or click the mouse a few times.

They even know the exact second that we read a message, as witnessed by the message I got telling me that I had read the pplan 15 minutes ago and please reply to it.
    That was just a couple days ago.

5. Tapeworm

Tapeworm Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Upper Midwest
    All of them are in there(a few weeks worth anyway)..... anyone in the office can look on your Qualcomm and see all messages sent and received.
    Moose is also correct that on the office side, we can see if a message has been received by your Qualcomm, and whether the message has been read or not.
    Hey Luse - I am not going to defend the way you were treated, but I will say that empty trailers are hard to come by in December. From what I have seen, empty trailer availability has been improving over the past week.

6. Cw5110

Cw5110 Heavy Load Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Georgia
    Where are you dispatched from? Cause obviously who ever sent you that isn't bright.

7. KW Cajun

KW Cajun Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2013
    Copperhead Road
    I'll be the first one to admit that one slipped right past me, right under my nose.
    I can't believe I missed it, as it does give dispatch a bona fide cause for acquittal.
    I'm also willing to bet MANY more than I, had missed it, cuz you're the 1st/only one to say sumptin' about it.;)

8. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    @tapeworm oh I know empty trailers are hard to come by this time of year. Been with swift all most 10 years. What pisses me off is night and ETC, won't say message planner, or something to the like. They just won't respond 75% of the time. Granted I am out of Memphis so I cat speak to others. It's only been within this last year that they have been none responsive with messages

9. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    can anyone explain the rationale of not knowing where every trailer is and where your next empty is
    drivers fighting for trailers wasting time is beyond stupid
    how can that be productive for the driver or the company

misterG Thanks this.
  10. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Picture 3 was sent 5:16 picture 4 sent 5:22.Driver said he didn't have a trailer,yes he said deadhead,but meant to say bobtail to go find one.Dispatcher knew what he meant just wasn't thinking.

11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Its not,only time anything is productive is if companies say so.Drivers sit all the time,no productivity in that but companies don't see anything wrong.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.