Driver Paycheck Survey Lets Hear It Reefer Drivers!

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by interstate942, Jun 22, 2021.

1. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VA CDL Holder

Jun 14, 2011
    bad link

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
    Reason for edit: bad link
  4. VA CDL Holder

Jun 14, 2011
    I drove for Knight Refrigerated, out of Phoenix, AZ, last year, not for very long though. Here are my checks for the duration.
    Scroll down and work your way back up to the top if you want to be in chronological order.

knight edited checks.pdf

5. buckmaster

buckmaster Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2011
    summit ms
    I would have to see it to believe it, your not making that pulling a reefer as a w-2 company driver

6. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    Believe what you want, I am more astonished that some drivers on this very thread act like working for 42 to 44 cents a mile is "not that bad" in this day and age.

Even a lot of the bottom feeder outfits are paying more than that.

This check is for one 1200 mile run that paid the company $4900. (Slightly better than average for what we normally do, especially for a load from a broker. And it was a dry van load that popped up at the last minute) The check is my cut of what's left. As I said before, all rate cons are sent to us with the load info so we have a good idea ahead of time what we are getting paid.

This week I will gross well over $3000. But I start out with 2 stops in the Bronx Sunday, one in Long Island Monday and Final in Newark Monday afternoon. As I said, you have to be willing to work to make bigger money.

I do put up with a lot of BS here, and it's still aggravating at times, but I'm well compensated for it when it's all said and done.

And as you can see, I average about $2000 gross per week for this year. Sometimes more, sometimes less. This particular check was a lot less, but it was only 3 days of work.

Companies that pay more are out there, but you will almost never find them on Indeed, Craigslist, etc.

A few years back I tried to tell myself how good I had it with my dedicated run at 3100-3600 miles a week, only getting paid about 45 cents a mile. I'm done playing the cpm game, at least not for that cheap. And I don't think I could ever go back to it for under 55cpm dry van or 60cpm reefer. Not gloating, just saying. If more drivers would stop hopping from company to company every 6 months or less thinking one dry box or reefer company with 250+ trucks is the next best thing, wages would go up and the micromanaging and bs would go way down. But too many people get desperate and work for cheap.

I've met drivers, company drivers that make way more than I do. But once again, you're not going to find those kinds of jobs on indeed or craigslist.

Attached Files:

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  7. Quohog

Quohog Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2021
    If you’re driving in NYC yeah you’re going to make a lot more money. The cost of living on the east coast is pretty outrageous though. I’m on the west coast drive 11 western make about .61 per mile about 1700/week. I don’t work for Walmart but they average what 90k per year?

8. Quohog

Quohog Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Anyway 6 figures would be nice but I’m not there. Company I work for is Marten and they’ve raised pay 5 times in last year and a half—6 cpm. That just tells me inflation is gonna skyrocket not just this year but into ‘22 and ‘23.

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  9. Quohog

Quohog Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Dude you’re paying too much in taxes.

10. Quohog

Quohog Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Maybe Change your w2 or max out 401k to at least 25%. None of that’s taxed so you’re not giving it to the ####ing feds

11. Quohog

Quohog Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2021
    See, it’s the per diem. Really screws w the ss deductions but lowers the tax

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.