Easy study for hazmat while on the road.

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by southtruck, Dec 2, 2022.

1. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    My Twic in 2021 took 5 months. Hazmat 6 weeks. Good to see the TSA has improved their act.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    my downfall isn’t renewing the test, it’s the 200 round trip miles to do the fingerprint test, same for twic, they closed the one that was 40 miles away so I’ve go to go to a Black, government building WITH an appointment, have the security guard key in the elevator to take me to the 30th floor.
    All doors are key code locked including the bathrooms, then walk down this narrow hallway through the only unlocked door at the very end, which is unmarked, but it’s the US Coast Guard.
    Then you walk to the window where you see a clipboard, You best read it.
    (Do not sign here unless you are applying to be a merchant marine)

In that small of script.
    So you check with someone who marks you there, then go sit in one of two empty chairs.
    When they call you, a door opens, and you go into a closet space with a desk and a woman, She is strictly business and will not respond to anything even a “Good Morning”

You do the fingerprint on that laser printer thing, at least no ink now, sign some papers, and same as twic, then only time she speaks is to say “Twic and password along with which fingerprint card will be mailed to you separately, you can go now.”

Now the elevator will go back to 1st floor without card.
    And you walk out downtown Memphis, and you walk 6 blocks to your vehicle, unless you paid to park.

Sounds like fun?
    I’ll not be renewing mine just for that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.