Freight driver late every week

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Frustrated customer, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Well I certainly hope you don't hurt the driver's feelings.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I would look to see if they are loading the truck on time or how much extra time is built into the load. Does driver have time to stop and eat or use bathroom. Some trucking companies don't give drivers enough time when they dispatch the load.

If your the shipper they may not have enough trucks to cover all the loads or maybe they can drop off and empty trailer. So you can load it anytime so your not stuck waiting for truck to show up.

slow.rider, Coffey and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  4. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Typical numb nut idiot customer , no details they just magically think trucks move like a download bar with an exact time count. You can't really know why a driver is always late maybe the shipper is also a numb nut and takes days to load, maybe it is the driver . But none the less customers don't want excuses or use of logic, they want a magic carpet to appear with all their wishes

5. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    I remember a backhaul out of denver where it was scheduled tight as hell , just in time load but the shipper never once loaded me on time, not even close. I often sat there for 4 hours , sometimes it ate enough of my clock that I could not make the delivery without doing an 8 and 2 split.
    I wonder if the OP has looked into possibilities like this

6. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Schedule the delivery 5 hours earlier

7. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Could also be an impossible dispatch. Distance from A to B might not allow the truck to get there on time.

ZVar, Numb, Accidental Trucker and 2 others Thank this.
  8. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    This time of year I think I need to ask where you are located, where the late loads are coming from, how much time the shipper is taking to load the trailer if it is a live load, and how tight the schedule is.

There are many reasons a route can be late on a regular basis. It might be the driver, but it can be many other things too.

More information needed.

9. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
  10. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Frustrated customer has left the building. Just wanted to vent I'm sure.

11. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    I dont think he was even a customer. A customer could have made one phone call and gotten the story.
    I believe OP is a forkie who has to stay late once in a while on mondays because a load is late. Instead of asking the driver what the story is he storms around the dock and slams pallets around in a passive aggressive display that eases his anger.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.