Freymiller Bound;Reefer Madness Begins!!!

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by floatnlikefiber, Jun 14, 2012.

1. BckrUp

BckrUp Bobtail Member

May 29, 2017
    Actually i quoted Ssand man, but i used quotation marks... not sure why now...aaaand, I be a dudette.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BckrUp

BckrUp Bobtail Member

May 29, 2017
    Actually, i quoted and responded to Ssand man in that post. Aaaaand, i be a dudette.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. hoosiergirl

hoosiergirl Light Load Member

May 2, 2017
    Indiana
    How long have you been there? Wondering how many miles a new driver could average in their first year.

6. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    This is my first year with Shaffer after a bit more than a year with Stevens Transport. I've only been driving since January of last year. I've been with Shaffer since March 2017. I am very aggressive (but polite) about getting miles, and never turn a load down if I can be on time for it. But if I get a couple short loads, I'll poke at them and ask for a load with meat on it.

EDIT: This is a Freymiller thread. I won't derail any longer with Shaffer-specific info. I recently posted another thread about my first few months with Shaffer, in the reefer forum, so if there are Shaffer-specific questions, look for that thread, please.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  7. Ssand Man

Ssand Man Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    Seems like someone wants to pick a fight with me. Well, it's not going to happen. You do whatever it is that you do. While you're sitting for a reset, I'm going to drive right past you.
    My reputation here speaks for itself.
    Safe travels. Maybe I'll see ya around sometime?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    UsualSuspect Thanks this.
  8. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Sorry if it might seem as if I'm starting a fight, but it's so frustrating seeing people saying that recapping is the way to get the most miles, when simple math proves that's not the case.

You have to bust your tail to do it, but if your company has good long-distance loads that are drop and hook or fast in-out, and you want those miles, running hard and doing 34s can make you more miles and money.

Most people don't want to work that hard. That's fine. But I didn't learn to drive a truck and choose OTR so I could sit in truck stops while I have hours to drive.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  9. daywalker24

daywalker24 Light Load Member

Keep Rolling!!!

10. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Why would you ask why?

11. daywalker24

Well well each to their own.... Typical truckers, if three are talking, there is gonna be four opinions.... Freymiller will keep you working that's all that matters.
    Sometimes you can get good miles without reset sometimes it doesn't work out that way....
    I usually run non stop without a reset and always make money Just be safe while doing it and don't lose your sense of humor....

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  12. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Update?
    :Wheelchair:

13. daywalker24

Float left after a year or so bought his own truck from the money he saved working there that short time... They are a good company ssandman still works there (I think) he could tell ya about it...

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs