Freymiller pay update

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by asphaltreptile311, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    No doubt..
    Only be a problem for the urn holder or the groundskeeper at the cemetery, if applicable.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Yep, I don’t think i’ll have to worry, my ole lady assured me, and i’m quoting, “There will NEVER be another you.”
    Which reminded me of a joke…

Old couple sitting in opposite ends of the porch, rocking in their chairs, old man looking at his wife, old woman knitting.
    Old man says, “I’m so proud of you.”
    Old woman says, “I’m so tired of you too.”

JoeyJunk, Capacity, mjd4277 and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    It really does depend on one's circumstances.
    If I was single w no dependents I could get by on 70K

5. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Old man is preceded in death by his wife. When he passes, he gets to heaven where she is waiting for him.

"Oh, honey! I've missed you so much" she exclaims, rushing toward him for an embrace...

He stiff-arms her and says "Sorry, but the contract was only until death."

Coffey, JoeyJunk, Capacity and 3 others Thank this.
  6. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    When BYOB&CBD was up and running I had three very loyal guys out in the shop/detail area. Ardis, Mobley and O'dell. Sure they could have taken their carpet vacuuming and matress tossing skills to one of my competitors, but do you want to know what kept them loyal to me? Fair pay, an attaboy every once in a while, and a box of Krispy Kreme donuts at the end of the week. They also got to lay eyes on my office manager Inga on a regular basis.

JoeyJunk, Boondock, bzinger and 4 others Thank this.
  7. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I've got dependents and can get by on 70k myself. It just takes some sacrifice one end. Living in Memphis isn't all that expensive so that helps too. You're right though. It all depends on so many factors. That's why I ain't one to job shame someone's paycheck.

JoeyJunk, Boondock, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Looking at Inga and Krispy Kremes? I would've been a lifer

Coffey, JoeyJunk, Boondock and 4 others Thank this.
  9. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I don’t know. I think Inga may have been letting them do more than that while TB John was out recruiting. She was keeping the wheels turning.

Coffey, JoeyJunk, Boondock and 4 others Thank this.
  10. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    From what iv been gathering is that an average reefer otr driver with 2 years experience could expect 78k-95k in today's market

11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Stop looking. Here's some fun numbers for you:

In 2021, the average advertised salary for an OTR driver was $80k. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary was actually only about $48,310.

Why the discrepancy?

Because companies will flat-out lie and claim what their top driver earned as their average pay, or, even more commonly, "drivers here average $106,000*" (and the * in fine print says something like "average of top 5% of drivers during the week of June 5-11 multiplied by 52 weeks"). Anything to swindle someone into that vacant seat.

A simple way to weed out those guilty of doing things like this?
    1. Look at the back of their trailers. Is the recruiting number there? Its there for a reason: High turnover.
    2. Open up your favorite social media site. Is a third-party lead generator's ad there talking up the company? They are paying tens of thousands of dollars a month for this service for a reason: High turnover.
    3. They are advertising a really high sign-on bonus? There is a reason: High Turnover.
    4. The text of the ad is different pay than the big graphic in the ad? There is a reason: High Turnover = need to quickly fill the seats with gullible drivers.

One company is particular is guilty of most of this right now and they stand out in my mind because every time I get online, every source of possible advertising is throwing their ad in my face... the text of which is somewhere in the 60 cpm range, but the graphic is saying up to 84 cpm or something similar. They have also given every one of their drivers a unique referral link with which they are spamming most online forums in hopes of getting 2 cents for every mile a driver hired off that code drives in their first year... then the drivers get upset when I post a link to an article about their parent company's earnings call stating certain unsavory facts like the division's 14xx mile/week utilization rate per truck and their 150% turnover rate.

In addition, anyone can do the math, they just need to slow down and take the time to actually do it. A regional reefer driver will probably only get 2400 miles/week. Any higher claims for an average is tomfoolery. So if they are paying 65 cpm, the mileage alone would come to $81,120... but if they are only paying 50 cpm, that's $62,400. The first company's driver would be likely to reach $95k+ with accessorial pay, but the second? $75k is the max. I bet both advertise $80-90k, though. And that's with both companies having enough freight and proper organizational planning to keep them moving all the time, which isn't the case for at least half the carriers out there.

bryan21384, Dennixx and nredfor88 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.