good evening! help!!

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by jjpaez123, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Zigzag777

Zigzag777 Medium Load Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Down Yonder
    Speaking of US Marshall’s, check out the series called “Justified” on Amazon Prime video. 6 seasons, start with season 1, great series, one of the best I’ve ever seen, movies or series!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Brickwall

Brickwall Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Funniest #### I've read all day

motocross25 Thanks this.
  4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    It's too heavy. I haul some local corn in the summer about 300 miles. They Ice the corn to cool it. I have lost 7,000 pound on the way in. With a reefer running at 32. I know this Driver is going a ways. It needs to have some weight taken off. Most scales will give you a 1000 pounds over on a drive or trailer before a lot of hassle. Best of luck. ELDs now make every minute count. Don't lose your revue. ...

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

6. Brickwall

Brickwall Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Unless you're entering CA. I got a ticket in Sacramento in January for being 90 lbs over on my drives.

SteveScott and Farmerbob1 Thank this.
  7. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    Does the trailr have sliding axles? If so take some off the rear and weigh it, then slide the axles to get weights right. Where is this happening at?

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    That would not have addressed the fact they were also 1,200 over gross.

Brickwall Thanks this.
  9. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    What part of take some off the rear did you not understand. Take some off the rear instead of unloading and reloading entire trailer.

10. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    This is NOT a definitive answer. I would need to see the load in the truck, the position of the tandems, fifth wheel position, fuel level, and know the route the driver was going to drive to give you a clean answer.

The driver seems to have their fifth wheel set back, or they are low on fuel, making the steers light.

Ask the driver how much fuel they have in the tanks.

If less than a half tank, don't ask the driver to mess with their fifth wheel.

If they are over a half tank, see if they can move their fifth wheel forward two notches.

The load is a whole lot of complicated. What you can do is strongly dependent on how many pallets, and tandem position. Different states different bridge laws.

Make sure the scale ticket was taken when the trailer tandems are legal for the states he will go through. If not, the driver might be back even if the gross is good.

The simplest solution, if the load extends beyond the tandems, might be to remove one pallet, then rotate the last few pallets longwise, or change the last few pallets to 2-1-2 arrangement instead of 2-2-2 (You took one pallet off.)

SteveScott Thanks this.
  11. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    There are way too many factors going on here to give a good answer. Obviously the gross weight needs to come down, but there are other things going on.

1. How much fuel in the truck?
    2. Is the skid plate set all the way back?
    3. If the load is in or going through California, are the trailer tandems no more than 40 ft back?
    4. How many pallets in the front of the trailer and how heavy each?

Any experienced driver should know to show up for a heavy load with close to full tanks, and how much weight they can accept to stay legal. Read the pre-trip before accepting the load. If it's too heavy, refuse it.

RustyChops41 and Brickwall Thank this.
  12. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Well, the OP was a week ago, so i would think the load was fixed or the driver is still sitting in the dock waiting on the forum decides what to do. Which is it?

Klleetrucking and RustyChops41 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs