Got an email from a recruiter

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by falcon241073, Jun 22, 2014.

1. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    I received an email from USA recruiting the other day. They want me back. Said they saw I had been gone for 3 months and things have really changed for the better at USA. Ummmmm.... I doubt that. Now I dont have anything negative to say about USA but I dont see me going back. Especially right now. Im on track to make $18,000 more this year than I did at USA. And I wasnt at my current company the first two months of the year. I drive about the same miles per week or a little less. I can park at most customers if I choose to. I am home Saturdays and Sundays. Usually home 1-3 nights a week. Pick my weekly runs. Better benifits, 401k with company matching and a pension. Paid hourly for non driving work on duty. (Not a union shop) know my terminal mgr and dispatcher and see them often. Breakdown and other similar pay is paid immediately. No wating 24 hrs for it to start. Had a flat. Was paid hourly waiting on roadside. No trucks over 350-400k miles and kept in great condition. So are the trailers. I questioned a trailer tire one day. They said bring it to the shop and we'll replace it. If its good we'll keep it as a spare.

And thats just the basics of where I am. I have no regrets of starting my career at USA. I tell others asking about trucking to look at USA as a starting point. I dont fault those who are happy there.

But what has changed so drastically in 3 months that would make me want to come back? Obviously im on the rehire list lol. Which kind of surprises me. After my last week there and the conversation I had with my home terminal mgr and fleet mgr it surprised me.

Shaggy, pattyj and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Companies right now are desparately seeking drivers.Many can't get hired due to mvr and csa.Im finding more local companies that's now looking for part and full time drivers.Once upon a time use to be only full time.Im rehireable with a couple companies but why would I wanna go back to the same reason why I left them in the first place.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Seems many drivers are content with USA and make a good living there. All companies have a employees that can't adjust or fit in. Even CRST & CR England hve a few lifers.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  5. wyldhorses

wyldhorses Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2012
    United States
    Oh my god a CR England lifer! Wow just the thought of that makes my heart and soul hurt. Ouch..

6. Stile

Stile Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2014
    Why? There is one guy there that had been at CRE for 30 years. He gets paid $1/mi...

As a company driver.

I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. crazystalin

crazystalin Light Load Member

Feb 5, 2013
    NC
    Not me. When I leave I leave. Things not change in 3 months. Like me for example. I need surgery on ear and our insurance doesn't cover it. I am at point when I go home next week I will tell my terminal manager that I am looking for a new job unless they get this covered. Without surgery I will not be able to pass dot on hearing test. 17000 if cash or 60000 if hospital has to go through insurance. Let's see what they want. Driver that goes out n runs n never complains or yet new guy n train him.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Check South East Carriers in Lawrenceburg. No Northeast. Trucks have APU's.
    One of their drivers told me they do lots of West Coast turns & no Northeast.

9. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Its like a call from an ex girlfriend . . . I've changed - I miss you, things will be different this time . . .I'll do that thing with the chicken and the egg beaters that you really like.

Companies desperate for drivers that will qualify. Full time recruiters on the job - pathetic really.

"We don't know how to solve the driver shortage . . ."

Pay decent wages, deliver decent home time and quit lying to your drivers. Then your good drivers won't leave and find better jobs.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    TankerP and The Challenger Thank this.
  10. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    Lol I like the ex girlfriend analogy.

I just laughed at the part about things have changed. How? Its been three months. Nothing has changed in a large company in three months.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  11. DGStrong71

DGStrong71 Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2013
    70° west
    There's been a couple of changes over the last couple of months. They just rolled out a new pay scale and equipment buyout program. You can buy your truck from them after 4 years for $400. They also just started enforcing post trip inspections due to so many drivers dropping faulty trailers but I really don't see how they can enforce it when they can't even keep up with who has what.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.