Holland Enterprises IS worth considering

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by U.S. Otriad, Jun 28, 2017.

1. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    2 years minimum .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hotrod1653

hotrod1653 Road Train Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Yeah I thinks it's a year or two that's needed. So much has changed here, I don't which end is up. Lol.

Call and talk to Maggie. I'll pm the number.

4. hotrod1653

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    Oops just saw the reply @gpf87

Mad Joker Thanks this.
  5. CrossettDriver

CrossettDriver Light Load Member

Sep 18, 2012
    Jamestown,NY
    Changed for the good or bad?

6. hotrod1653

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America
    To me and this is my opinion....

There is a mega company feel here. I can't really explain it, but feel it if that makes sense.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    No, that really doesn't make sense. When you can explain it, then you have a valid point to bring to other's attention. But I honestly can't imagine where you're getting that vibe from but you're entitled to your opinion. They have a few minor quirks I have issue with, but these pop up only rarely. But what company is perfect?

The only thing I can think of is the "forced dispatch model" but if you want to make money here, and if you want to get home on time, you'll come to find it works well and they will maximize your hours MOST of the time, but there will always be an occasional hiccup like a holiday or missed appointment. Missed appointments are an easy way to small paychecks here. And if you have favorite lanes and regions you like to run in, you won't like it here. Here, you need to be prepared to run all 48. Once they get to know you and you've proven yourself, you can occasionally give them a heads up when headed into a market that you'd like to get a certain load out [if available] and they'll work with you (if somebody else doesn't need that load for home time)

But they take care of their regular customers first and foremost, then otherwise will go where the better paying freight goes to fill in gaps. They don't just go here or there willy nilly as a general rule. They have a system that works well for the most part, for both the drivers and the company [barring unusual freight anomalies that crop up from time to time]

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  8. hotrod1653

Aug 29, 2009
    Somewhere in America

Like i said that's just my feeling. They've only had me home late once, in the couple years I've been here total. They try to keep us running which is good.

I do my job here and yeah I take time off to see my doctors, other than that I don't really take time off. Hopefully everything is well down your way.

9. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    I like Holland , you typically know what you're getting into before coming here as far as payscale/lanes/avg yearly pay/etc. So far the only "mega" things that are starting to happen is how they're recruiting a lot more people weekly,automatic trucks, and those weird messages on the qualcomm, but I'm still left alone and not micro managed or bothered at all(for now)

What I don't like is other otr drivers ; I woke up to a guy pouring pee out of his window splashing all over my fairings .

I Chewed him out pretty good but still had piss on my truck

10. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I feel your pain. I'll admit that I use bottles like a whole lot of other drivers, but I mostly buy bottled drinks. This means that what comes out will be less than what goes in (some liquid goes to sweat.) That means I can *gasp* put my used bottles in trash bags and throw them in trash cans!

Hell, if you have to just pour it out, at least do it on dirt or grass, not the parking lot where everyone has to walk.

11. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    exactly . Im a driver and human so I understand a lot of things but the constant litter and piss covered parking lots I can not fathom .

Lol ,then when they use the bathroom inside of a building it's like "oh how do you flush this thing?"

I know I sound like a baby complaining but these drivers really are getting worse and I don't know how much longer I can live amongst these creautures

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.