How not to pass X2

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by COBB2070, May 10, 2020.

1. F4T6UY

F4T6UY Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Very South Texas

This.

I’m the type of person that even a perfect stranger’s opinion of me matters. I am a considerate driver. And on those occasions when my considerate driving game is off, it bothers me when I realize I wasn’t paying attention to help a driver merge, or missed their blinker to get around slow traffic, or whatever.

It baffles me the way some people just do not care that they are strait up turds on a daily basis.

Considerate driving is a recipe for longevity, both in the industry and personal mental health.

PSA: “Don’t Be A Turd!”

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    No, I am certain the guy on the shoulder was the referee he wanted to see who would win the race, He clearly wanted the guy on left to win so he helped lol

COBB2070 and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  4. Ugminer

Ugminer Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    I dont drive a truck but in my opinion the ppl in the cars are extremely stupid hurrying up getting right up on there ###. Not knowing what the heck gonna happen. Espicisly with the truck on the shoulder. Could have ended verry bad

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I was going up a very long steep hill somewhere near Pilot Mtn or Fancy Gap. 2 loaded chip haulers were having their snail race similar to this video. One empty chip hauler passed them on the shoulder like Freymiller.

You have a duty to be smart about passing. Pick your spots. But if another truck has managed to get past your rear bumper and you keep racing him you are part of the problem. Why prolong being pinned in the right lane? Newbies trained by newbies do this all of the time. They are also the idiots that will race the truck that moved over so they could merge at the on-ramp.

COBB2070 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Car drivers haven't paid attention to what's happening around them in decades.

Cattleman84 and 650cat425 Thank this.
  7. Ugminer

Ugminer Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2020
    Ya heck that one white car looked like it about rearend the the blue car not paying attention an being in a hurry

tscottme Thanks this.
  8. GrumpyJoe

GrumpyJoe Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2019
    This has been a peeve of mine for a long long time. Too many arrogant drivers fighting for 2 mph slowing everyone else at least 5-10 mph.I guess I will see where I stand when I have a big wheel to hold onto for a few months. For now I know I can drive my 23 footer RV at 63 for 7500 miles cruising at 63 with no stress or anxiety. Just no need to add all this stress to a career with a terrible diet. Why fight it to get there fast if in the end you die quicker too? It may not be the road that killed you but the attitude while on the road.

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Style points for the shoulder

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.