Keep Trucking ELD logging question.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Concorde, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Just started working for a company that's using the KT elog..I'm being told that I "have to log 10 hrs Sleeper berth" or it will trigger a violation.

Me, I've always in the past logged "off duty" unless I was trying to do a split..

I'm also told by the "safety gal" that, it is the way KT elog works.

Seems like nonsense to me and also making me falsify my logs..

Any thoughts?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lite bug

Lite bug Road Train Member

May 3, 2014
    Columbus Ohio
    I have KeepTruckin and I log off duty. Of course I am a hot shot with no sleeper.

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Well, if you are in the sleeper and logging off duty you are falsifying the logs.
    As for requiring to log all sleeper though, simply make safety sign a sheet and send it to you to falsify logs. I bet they will stop harassing you.
    My thinking is it's must show some sleeper, but not 10 hours. Start logging legal and see what happens.
    i.e. when stopping for the night log off duty while you go in to get food and shower. When back in the truck log sleeper.
    This is, of course, assuming you do OTR work and use a sleeper. If you go to a hotel or home every night log off duty and if they keep harassing you find a job that doesn't.

brian991219 and Concorde Thank this.
  5. Poor boy

Poor boy Bobtail Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Kansas
    I have never noticed this on my app. I have mixed off and sleeper time. Have even added in some personal conveyance in my ten

Concorde Thanks this.
  6. Petty Cash

Petty Cash Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    She’s feeding you a bunch of “nonsense.” I use KT and log it as I do it without issue.

Concorde and Lite bug Thank this.
  7. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    You can edit on duty and sleeper time in KT, so just try and see what happens both ways.

Concorde Thanks this.
  8. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    In all honesty, log sleeper. Why?

A) Your asleep in your bunk.
    B) You dont have to play 21 questions with the officer inspecting you "What where you doing, where were you?"
    C) In all honesty, when you're off duty - you have to be relieved of your truck 100% (it's in the regs), therefore, your not near your truck nor are you doing anything in regards to it.

I've been hit before for this, and i've learnt my lesson. I was shut down for 10 hours at the Wisconsin scale for logging 10 hours of off duty. Played 21 questions with me, told him how it is straight up.

Log sleeper, save yourself the headache from a trooper that's out to get someone. Is it fair? No, is it the rules, it actually is.

9. jescott418

jescott418 Light Load Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Mt Morris,IL
    Think that happened the other day with PeopleNet I have with Ryder. Had a couple hours Off Duty and 8 hours sleeper and none of it counted. Woke up with a little over a hour available. Funny my manager nixed me for a minute under on my 30 minute break. But said nothing about my 10 hours violation.

10. truadvocate

truadvocate Light Load Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Right!

If you're under a load, attached to product...

You are not "off duty."

You are required to log that 10 in the sleeper.

11. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Can you give some more detail about your truck? When she is asking you to log sleeper berth for 10 hours, what part is wrong?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.