Looking??? Crete/Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the white knight, Aug 16, 2018.

1. dlc trucking

dlc trucking Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2018
    I am about to lease on with Crete. Please keep posting how things are going for you. I am following you on this form and wishing you the best of luck my friend.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    Crete has a lease program now? Last I heard, last year when I asked, they said all drivers are either company or o/o.

4. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    My advice... never do lease on. Crete is good tho as a company driver. 2800-3000 miles a week.

Zer0chick Thanks this.
  5. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    If you have your own authority then run the load boards. The rates are super high right now.

lovetwodrive Thanks this.
  6. Slomosion

Slomosion Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Started last month and so far, they have delivered. This a good thread and will be following along. (OTR Division)

7. Slomosion

Slomosion Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Agreed. I took a decade off, earned two degrees in IT industry, to finish raising my kids at home.

Now an empty nest, back to what I know best, and Crete will be that last push to retirement.

Good luck!

8. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Was at their terminal in Lenoir City yesterday and today... Spent 6 hrs chatting with drivers yesterday, a couple showed me inside their Kenworth truck.... and today I had a 3 hr conversation with a driver who is in the southeastern regional which is the account I might be interested....
    I like their pay and the variety of accounts but some other things... not sure I would "adapt"...:angry3: opt-idle instead of APU, :angry6: micromanaging, :angry6: fuel solution telling driver how much fuel to get and where, :angry2: sensors that may malfunction and cause truck to suddenly break or slow down unnecessarily, :eek: besides all the freakin noises from On Gard... :biggrin_1square1:
    And today I learnt something that really psssed me off... their hair drug test... :angry8: I don't do drugs but don't want to have any amount of my beautiful very long lady hair cut... I love my long hair... it goes all the way to my hip and don't want any amount of it cut...
    Asked the folks who work in their clinic inside the terminal how much hair they would need and where they would cut it from...
    They said they would cut from the back of my head, close to the scalp... they would send it to the lab and if the lab said it weren't enough they would need to cut some more... o_O
    I may continue looking for other companies for now....

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Any hair works. I keep the hair on my head high and tight, so they said that my pit hair would be satisfactory...so, that meant I had itchy pits for a little while. As far as irritable equipment...any company you go to will have pretty much the same issues with today's modern equipment, unless you work for a small company with gliders

Lonesome and Rocks Thank this.
  10. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    The hair from under your arms? You must have very long hair there... :biggrin_2554:
    I pulled my hair up and showed them the back of my head... and they showed me how much hair they would need which seemed quite a lot... :biggrin_2555:
    Lady in the clinic said, "Oh... but you have a lot of hair..." Yeah, right... but not to be cut like that... :angry1:
    Asked a bald driver where they took his hair from... and he said his legs... but he had a lot of hair... Wish I did...
    I do have a lot of hair on my arms... they said they would need to cut from both arms... no way... :angry6:
    Driver told me to go see if I could get the hair drug test done in Marietta... cause he said the folks in the Lenoir City clinic are very strict and "obnoxious" and give drivers hard time... Yeah.. I can see that...
    I think will be going to the terminal in Marietta tomorrow to check it out and talk with terminal manager... she is also the asset manager for the southeastern account...

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  11. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    Yeah... small company with gliders..
    I was hoping to go to C.B Trucking in Cookeville, TN
    I really liked them... had a meeting with safety lady, another safety and recruiter, talked with a few drivers, shop foreman and another person...
    They are only one hr far from me... Second and third generation family company... Really liked the laid back atmosphere, good well maintained equipment, clean shop, very good safety record.. Only 60 trucks and they had 10 open when I visited them... Most trucks were gliders, Coronado, Peterbilt, also Freightliners and Kenworth... No APUs though... They will not continue using gliders any more because of government restriction though...
    Most drivers go home on weekends... which I don't want cause I want to stay on the road for 3 months and then take one week off... and that might be a problem... But the reason I didn't apply was because occasionally would have to bring freight to the end of the trailer and that is a no no... Many of their loads are heavy, like tiles, doors, rocks and I don't want to touch the load... not even with pallet jack...

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.