Mandatory ELD For Mercer...AGAIN!

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by JimmyWells, Aug 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    How do you know about that?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JimmyWells

JimmyWells Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Then I guess you need to get your facts straight and stop spreading misinformation, Karl. 1999 and down is exempt from the ELD mandate. Furthermore, there's a good chance it will be overturned....again. I'm glad you're happy with them, good for you but if they were soooo great they wouldn't have to FORCE most truck to use them would they now? Don't come here and turn my thread into an argument for ELDs please. It's clear you're just a Mercer driver who got butthurt over my opinion of them. Which I fully held the reigns on as to not offend the Mercers fanboys here.

BoostedTeg and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. JimmyWells

Apr 7, 2016
    I also think they're trying to squeeze out any and all competition. The ones pushing the law are Maverick, JB Hunt and Knight. If ELDs were so great they wouldn't need a law to FORCE most trucks to use them.

BoostedTeg and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  5. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    Lol, you didn't research well at all, but I got to wonder after Dec 2017 if one really wants to be on paper logs? Wonder if they get checked more. On that big long mercer thread you didn't have time to read, this has been discussed for quite a long time time, the ELD. And the truck having electronic engine, to whine like mercer did something to you is a bit silly.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    spyder7723 Thanks this.
  6. JimmyWells

Apr 7, 2016
    Excuse me?

https://blog.bigroad.com/blog/eld-mandate-exemptions

I used their website as my main source of information. It's better to get the information from the source. AND I've seen you fanboys shred people for not checking there first so it was already ingrained in me vicariously thorough them. Obviously, they failed to update the site for quite some time. I personally find that almost as unacceptable as the ridiculously long wait times I was subjected to when calling in numerous times. The people handling the phones didn't sound very professional either. But I'll digress. This thread has already been ruined as it is.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    These companies were on paper logs at one time but they got busted for too many log violations and fines. It became a business decision to go ELD because their driver's were'nt savvy enough to the art of paper logging. When they realized their business decision was costing them in the millions they advocated for 'leveling the playing field' meaning, if we suffer, everybody suffer so that no other company has the paper log advantage over them.

I wouldn't be surprised to find out these same companies are behind CARB in California, again to push out owner ops who have more reliable older equipment.

BoostedTeg, JimmyWells and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Landstar older drivers run paper. Only the newer guys are eld mandatory.

9. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    It's a fact that if all the trucks stop for 5 days, just 5 days, the country descends into kaos.
    But too many pinheads behind the wheel to grasp that simple concept.
    Glad I did 23 years as an electrician, they can stick that cpap machine, should I ever need one, up there ###.

JimmyWells Thanks this.
  10. JimmyWells

Apr 7, 2016
    Indeed. Even the weaker ones could simply call out a couple days sick without making it known to their lord and masters that they were actually standing for something.

11. JimmyWells

Apr 7, 2016
    I read about that elsewhere too. One only needs to sit in a spot at any truck stop and watch the caliber of drivers coming, going and ATTEMPTING to park. The industry is overflowing with too many people that don't have two brains cells to rub together. They're robots. Machines. Obese. Beat down. Walking dead.

Big John Classic HQ Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.