Mercer Pay

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by csettles85, Aug 20, 2015.

1. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    How's things going bullet?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BulletProof

BulletProof Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Alabama
    Everything has been going great. Home 2-3 nights a week and off on the weekends and still getting 3000-3500 miles a week. I miss the pay at mercer but the time with my wife and son and new baby girl is worth a lot more than money. This is where I started and the company is small so it felt like going on vacation and coming home to family.

4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Glad it's working out for you.

5. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Do not lease a quality truck. I would not really use the term "rip off." I would simply say you need to know the trucking business and your numbers first and foremost. This is MANDATORY!!!!
    Maybe you have been an excellent company driver......but running a business is a whole different matter. Trust me on this. Especially when it comes to trucking. Understand that the truck is not yours. Get that out of your head. You have literally nothing vested in the truck....it's not yours. You won't even have a title listing them as the lienholder!! Plus you are limited to other things regarding the truck....that's cause it's not yours.

Being an owner operator is like having a 7 headed hydra as a pet. All the heads have different appetites. Learn the business first and the numbers. Don't rush head strong into this or you will be sorry. To quote Kevin Rutherford "do the hard work first."

Klleetrucking and cowboy rob Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.