mercer transportation

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by kw12, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Corso1504

Corso1504 Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2017
    Eh we can literally run circles around the Van division here.. I'm not saying you can't make money here pulling Van, I'm saying if you want to pull a van go to an all van OO company.. You'll have more opportunity for freight..I got a buddy at LS that didn't 230 last year pulling a van.. Now he's leasing a van from one of the agent's so He's getting 68 percent but hardth still over 200k just swinging doors.. Just saying

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerPete1990

TruckerPete1990 Road Train Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bentonville Arkansas
    Reason #1 never go with reman dpf filters. Couple months later same problems.. got 1 min onto interstate and truck wants a regen lol

4. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO

5. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    And this is your opinion, doesn't mean it's right. By the way, pulling a van at Landstar and Schneider for 65% is helping them own a trailer and you are paying for that trailer.

roshea Thanks this.
  6. MOGLAR

MOGLAR Heavy Load Member

Jun 19, 2013
    Kansas City , MO
    Don't forget about the "Good Ole Boy" system.

7. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    So why didn't you just learn the good ole boy system and take advantage of it instead being a crybaby? My guess is you just couldn't make it at a big boy company.

roshea, JonJon78 and thaistick Thank this.
  8. Corso1504

Corso1504 Medium Load Member

Sep 11, 2017
    No you're not.. At Mercer you're directly helping them pay off a trailer. And whether or not that's true, doesn't matter, point is you're paying 600 a month for a dry van at that, that you'll never own, just to pull double brokered freight for an avg of 1.30 a mile.. Unless I'm the stupid one here something doesn't add up..and you quit the Van side soooo what's your point.. If it's so good why you'd leave?????

9. thaistick

thaistick Road Train Member

Dec 7, 2014
    OTR/Thailand
    I made $170k on 38 weeks of work, just over 95k all miles.... That's 1.79/mile all miles. While I don't track my deadhead that closely, I'd imagine it's well north of 15%.
    Yes I rent a trailer. And yes, I can deduct that rental fee on my taxes, can't do that at LS.
    Can I do better at LS, maybe maybe not...but at Mercer I don't deal with bullsh!t agents that everyone complains about at Land Starve.

RStewart and JonJon78 Thank this.
  10. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    What's taken you so long to make the switch over to Landstar?

RStewart, PoleCrusher and thaistick Thank this.
  11. RStewart

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    Yes you are. Where do you think Landstar gets the money to pay for the trailer? It's not rocket science. Even you should be able to figure this out. I left Mercer because they don't have freight where I like to run. I'm running for a higher rate than Mercer and Landstar both and I'm home weekends. Couldn't do that at either company. You're spouting info that you've never experienced. Some of us did real well at Mercer pulling a van. You do know a whole lot of people don't make money pulling a van at Landstar. Yes, Landstar has more van freight and some of it probably pays better but someone that knows what they're doing can make money at Mercer pulling a van.

Good question.

JonJon78 and thaistick Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.