Noisy reefers

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Lonewolf2000, Mar 13, 2019.

1. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    When I was leased on to a carrier I was pulling one of their rental trailers. It had a really old Carrier Xtra reefer on it. It wasn’t bad at low speed, but high speed would scream so loud. I pulled in to a truck stop on a small two lane with it and parked between two flatbedders. There were 4 flatbed guys there and room for one more, me. I’m surprised my tires weren’t slashed or something by morning. That was the most POS reefer I ever pulled.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    But then where would us flatbedders park , the back is the only place we can park safely without tearing #### up lol

5. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    I just turned my noisy ###, surging idle Carrier unit on continuous (with a dry load) because the ####tard Heartland Express driver parked next to me can't figure out not to play his radio at mach 10 at 11:30 at night. If I had a Rigmaster, I would run that ##### too.

I'm thinking about loosening the alternator belt so it squeals all night.

KB3MMX and Bumper Thank this.
  6. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Usually flatbedders park right along entrance/exit curbs, scale.

Canadianhauler21 Thanks this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Maybe the lazy ones

8. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    I just look for easy spots. I'm lazy.. if there's a reefer in an easy spot I'll try to park next to them but I don't really care honestly

9. UsualSuspect

UsualSuspect Road Train Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Yo Mama's
    Some units are noisier than others, even the same year model. The noisiest I have found so far is the Thermo King they install on refrigerated rail containers, they can wake up the dead. Most of the units don't bother me anymore, almost like the white noise they say makes you sleep better. I guess reefer noise is the sound of my people lol.

KB3MMX and FearTheCorn Thank this.
  10. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    We have all Carrier reefers. The 2100 series has a low hum even when -10, it may rev up for a few seconds before it cuts off. Now I got one of our 7300 series, that thing rumbles the whole truck and when it kicks on. And man, is that thing loud. I love Carrier, but I sure was glad to turn that switch off once I got empty

11. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

I saw an electric TK reefer at a shipper last week. It was really quiet. I also noticed it had a large fuel tank. It’d say it was at least 75 gal.

Attached Files:

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.