OTR flatbed for 6 mos experience

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by AlRod, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Bobtail Bobby

Bobtail Bobby Bobtail Member

May 30, 2019
    The flatbed market does not look good right now. I've been doing otr flatbed with Maverick for over two years and I haven't considered leaving them until this pandemic began. The problem is that most flatbed shippers and receivers are shut down now and if the economy sinks into a prolonged recession there will be no money to be made in the flatbed market for a year or years. Maverick has reduced their drivers weekly guarantee pay from $1000 to $750, canceled their account with Blue Beacon for truck washes, furloughed a lot of their maintenance and office staff, furloughed all their dedicated drivers, recruiters, and driver trainers, and suspended the company's 401k contributions. They just sent out a message today stating that if the situation continues to worsen they will have to furlough more employees. Worrying about how many miles you get with a flatbed company right now is kind of like worrying about the serving portions at the restaurant on the Titanic. With all due respect brother, that ship is sinking.

GoldenLad and Chinatown Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Texas_hwy_287 Thanks this.
  4. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2019
    That's what I was thinking, hardly ever see a Melton truck without a warped load

5. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    here at central Oregon would be a great place but you need 2 years trucking or 1 year flatbed just chill and come here in six months great ####ing gig no waiting around miles are as consistent as ####ing taxes I’m not joking lol

6. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    What kinda miles you get

7. AlRod

AlRod Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2018
    I am from around NYC, so might be out of your hiring area

8. halfburn

halfburn Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
    The only reason to go flatbed as a co driver is if you have some inside info on a good job or plan on owning one. If you can tough it out where you are at in six month increments it will set your resume apart from most drivers and help you out the rest of the time you drive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.