Phantom Truck on Cabbage Hill

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Thrasher28, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Heavy Load Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    I’m far from a paranormal believer. A skeptic at best, but probably closer to a non-believer. Heading East over it a couple days ago, about a mile past the exit sign that reads ‘Deadman’s Pass’, I saw an older trailer in front of me. It was around midnight. It was three quarters of a mile or so up a head — close enough I want to keep a fairly close watch coming up to a downgrade. It topped the hill and I never saw it again. I’m 99% sure it was just a little road psychosis/fatigue playing a part after hours of night driving across I-84, but it seemed odd. Anyone who’s been down cabbage knows there’s no quick way to disappear. Barely any exits, and almost zero traffic that late to get intermingled with.

Was curious if anyone else has experienced the same thing, or has any old trucker tales/hauntings from the infamous passes out west that have taken some lives like Donner, Snoqualmie, etc.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
  4. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
  5. MM71

MM71 Heavy Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    AZ
    probably kicked it out of gear and rode the hill out in triple digits ... I roll that weekly and am impressed with how unsafely fast some "professional drivers" run that, even if they are empty.

bzinger and Boondock Thank this.
  6. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    No one is going to mention

Phantom 309?

come on it’s a thread about phantoms.

7. Dexterr

Dexterr Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lafourche parish
    Wow we need more experiences like this on here.. I kinda like reading about creepy stuff

bentstrider83 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.