Pitfalls from speeding

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Diantane, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Nah he just needs to turn the sensory nerves in his ### back on so he can feel the hand controlling him.

Oldironfan, DSK333 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    All "reputable" scientist used to believe earth was flat and everything else revolved around it too, as we all know they were wrong right? Last I heard NASA said there was more ice on the polar caps not less. Pretty much we've been told too many times that we were all supposed to be underwater by now too many times to believe it, classic little boy yelling wolf syndrome.

Oldironfan and 06driver Thank this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Dec 9, 2017
    You realize "cutting edge technology" loosely translates to probably ########? How exactly are you going to prove hurricanes get worse because of man made global warming? If we decrease our co2 output by any number you choose for a decade and the average temperature doesn't follow it proportionally would you admit you're wrong? How many years do we have recorded temperatures for around the world, actual recorded from a mercury thermometer, now what percentage of the world being in existence is that, how do we know what the climate is supposed to be?

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  5. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    yeah its warming up alright...

Attached Files:

Oldironfan and Sublime Thank this.
  6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Yep and there's a huge area way out in the Atlantic about 5-7 miles deep. A massive undersea earthquake would send water 5 states deep all along the eastern seaboard.

Oldironfan and x1Heavy Thank this.
  7. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Here's the thing. What exactly are you going to do to stop it?
    And that is a result of plate tectonics.

Oldironfan and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I don't think he has any clue what he is talking about.

Dumdriver Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We actually had some quakes on the east coast. Little ones under my house. One was in Allentown at 3.6 roughly on richer scale. hardly worth talking about. But since it popped over bedrock deep in the earth below us it got to be a real big deal. It passed under our home causing the whole place to bounce about 1/3 of a inch.

It's easier to have a roller in Salinas CA at around 4. something or other that rocks the airride than to have a sharp granite hard hitter.

They say there is a ancient fault under NYC. Im half inclined to do one of two things. Laugh until I wipe tears or take it seriously. I don't know what to think. A serious quake in NYC would be really bad what with the bedrock under that city and for 10 states around.

The one unfortunately that I worry about is the New Madrid. Memphis would be reduced to a burning rubble, our county contains a number of cities, for example Cabot. 25000 people They expect 8000 dead and two times that hurt. That pretty much takes out the entire city.

The first 7 waves from such a major quake will come straight down US 67. You can pretty much guarantee the road bridges will be gone to start off. And most of it unusable when you consider that the land itself will be displacing first 20 to 45 feet back and forth or side to side then up and down 12 to 25 feet if not more.

That is before the firestorms take hold in the cities and towns. Where we are they have major distribution valves above ground so they can shut off and isolate where possible quickly before it has a chance to merge into a truly killing firestorm. The kind where inbound air feeding the inferno is capable of lifting you 10 feet into the air and then pulling you into the fires at 300 mph if you are not gassed first or burnt by IR radiation.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Me? I have. Moved west. It's not my problem.

I would have lost those few living family and friends who did not also move west. I'll mourn them and move on. Ive lost them when I got into trucking anyhow at 21. So it's nothing that would be a real loss to me. Ive been dead to them a long long time.

There is no point in stressing about it. Its going to fall at some point when it's good and ready. America is big enough to take the hit. Population will probably be back replacing that loss over time and the cities and so forth will eventually be replaced as well. I see it as a economic opportunity actually after the waters recede.

Continuity of Government will assure America will continue on. Congress, President, Court etc all of that will be replaced and assembled in Mount Weather in a short time. (West Virginia, designated emergency command for entire Nation)

The US Postoffice and restorating of addresses and service will be brought online where possible asap. The dead will be processed and the that would be that. Everything else says they will need a couple million trucks for everything for 50 years.

Wall street is back up and running out of probably Chicago as a alternate in a week. Banking and billing etc will determine survivors if any and process them in a couple of months if not faster.

Everything else including the contents of DC is replaceable over time.

There is one little problem. This Nation has insisted on keeping 5 or 6 Aircraft carriers tied up in port. They will be lost instantly along with everything needed to build, repair and maintain them. I don't think Norfolk will be habitable for some time due to the radiation problems as are many places on the east coast.

We will have to reopen Uranium mines near the Grand canyon and get them going to replace what is lost after florida is under water.

Many other things too many to count and write here.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
  11. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    15 pages and you guys are still jawboning about this. TOO MANY PEOPLE. Whomever said “go forth and multiply” is the cause of this.....

Chew on that

Last edited: Aug 27, 2018
    wore out, KillingTime and 4mer trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.