Pulling RV into weigh station.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by mitmaks, Apr 10, 2019.

1. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I knew of a person old timer he converted his 53' trailer into a home everything on it pretty much even sewer hookups etc but his trailer looked a lot different than normal one it wasn't white solid black and different material wish I had pictured was beautiful inside and out has his wife dedication on the side who died from cancer. He can no longer drive it lost his legs in a bad accident he has prosthetic legs and arms his son drives they have way from the front of the trailer to roll into the cab when he was using a wheelchair the son apparently uses the truck for work sometimes and father will stay behind of all the campers I have seen it was the most impressive one I have ever seen.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    I have a couple of buddies who haul their toyhaulers with a Class 8. Bikes go in the toyhauler and the Smart goes on the deck behind the sleeper.

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    I was pulled into the scales west of grand junction and they were writing a guy up for not having motel reciepts. He was in a 1 ton and delivered new rv's, and was pulling a fifth wheel. I ask the dot what his problem was, the guy is dragging a house, and allowed to sleep in it. Mr diesel cop claimed it was not legal to either sleep in the back seat, or in the trailer, he then proceeded to show me a regulation that had the minimum deminsions of what is legal for a sleeper. I thought it was just crazy, myself.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    They can log off duty and sleep. Likely what happened is he was giving a citation to someone that logged Sleeper Berth.
    Now if he was given a citation and the driver logged Off Duty, then that's an easy win in court.

Studebaker Hawk, JoeyJunk and stwik Thank this.
  6. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    So much freedom in US we can ....celebrate it. Oh, we already do 4th of July-slaves celebrate their "freedom"

adayrider Thanks this.
  7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    The scale house must of mistaken u slow ### rv drivers for a prime truck

Thouren Thanks this.
  8. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    You're wrong there. 25 ft rv is pretty quick and has no problem going 75mph or faster

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    lol maybe the rv itself has no problem going 75mph , but the driver is another story .. i have yet to see an rv going faster than 5 under the speed limit.. They set their cruise like 2 mph below the speed of all the mega governed trucks and create a cluster#### of 15 miles long passes and traffic backups

10. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    It must be terrible knowing that other people are allowed to drive on your roads.

Studebaker Hawk, Tb0n3 and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    Apparently the driver of the RV w/boat in tow that passed me in St. Louis on I-70 last February didn't get that memo... I was going 5 over the limit.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.