Reginald denny

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Professional-Trucker, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    Has anyone heard of Reginald Denny? He was a truck driver for a company called Transit Mix?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    He was the one that took an awful beating during the OJ hoopla, after the verdict was announced. Pulled from his truck and was lucky to survive.

4. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    There was an incident with this driver "Reginald Denny" back in 1992 in los angeles and i remember being about one block away from the utter chaos that was going on. Lot's of military on the streets of los angeles and could barely contain the situation. I thank god everyday that i did not have to live there when all the chaos was going on.

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Actually it was from African American Rodney "Can't we all just get along?" King beating by 4 white Los Angeles cops. King was pulled over for speeding. Later tests showed he was just under the legal limit for drunk driving, but his size and the fact that he was tasered twice and still got up and refused to lie down on the ground as ordered caused the cops to beat on him 56 times with their batons.A private citizen video taped the ordeal and gave the video to KTLA where it went viral. A trial ensued and there were zero convictions for the officers.This sparked the 1992 LA riots.

Reginald Denny was pulled from his truck at Florence and Normandie in LA and beaten nearly to death. One of the assailants grabbed brick and Reginald's own fire extinguisher and pounded them into his head. His skull was broken in 91 places. To this day Reginald has trouble walking and talking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.