Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    I guess because technically he didn't hit anything there wouldn't be a mark on his record? Wonder if he even told them he was involved in an accident, I cant see him being employed much longer after a 27 million dollar verdict against his company for his actions...

CannonballAA and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Yes, technically didn't do anything wrong, no tickets, no contact with another vehicle. For all intents and purposes, still has a clean record or as clean as he had before going forward.

I film tons of aggressive drivers like this all day long, but I catch a ton of hate comments to the tune of "mind your own business" type stuff. I do it because we should be self reporting and self policing our own industry rather than letting these aggressive drivers go around killing people and then the government has to get involved to 'fix' the problem with speed governors on all trucks, cameras watching and listening to us drive, front bumper braking radar etc.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  4. Treputt

Treputt Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Sacramento, CA
    Just curious as to how many dangerous drivers you're reporting to police? There is a huge difference between promptly notifying law enforcement when you witness life/property endangering acts, and filming the same supposed acts (without ever reporting them) then promptly posting those videos to YouTube. IMHO, filming a dangerous act without ever reporting those acts to 5-0 usually means the acts weren't as dangerous as the narrating on these videos would suggest.

5. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Well I think in defense, police probably wont do anything anyways without them seeing it directly. Posting to YouTube then linking the offending companies safety department is probably the better play, when possible. Kind of like when someone over CB claimed to spot one of our drivers rolling through Wyoming while playing a guitar behind the wheel, got video, sent it to Mallory, and said driver no longer works here, with a record as an unsafe driver to the next company.

I've called in seemingly drunk 4 wheelers late at night, and they never ask for video proof, they just say they will let someone know in the area to be on the lookout for them.

Treputt and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  6. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
  7. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
  8. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    What's crazy is they have no clue where these barges are...

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    They need to put ELDs on barges, so they can track them.

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  10. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Well they found them and they were securing them and they broke free and slammed into the dam and sank...

11. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Hope that doesn’t damage the integrity of that dam

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.