Running with JCT, Part Deux

Discussion in 'John Christner' started by drloveofdfw, Feb 13, 2014.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Yes, i was planned on a load to pick up at the Sapulpa OK yard. Once I got there and walked in to get the paperwork, I was sent to Safety. They gave me an Atta Boy hat then sent me to see another gentleman who has his own office. It was in this meeting that I learned I had to unload all my personal belongings from their truck and give them the keys. They called a cab for me which took me to a $35 a night motel. I was later charged for all that. I was offered the opportunity to purchase the truck with a 10 day limit. I determined the truck was overpriced by about $30k so I did not bother with that. Still waiting the requisite 45 days to find out the final settlement verdict. I predict I will end up owing them in the thousands of dollars range (they bring the truck into their shop and 'fix' all that is wrong with it [in their determination] and backcharge the contractor for all repairs and labor.)

I view it as a mutually beneficial separation, in light of the pay drop and their consternation over my low productivity (I can only run the loads they give me, which were to the tune of about 2000 miles a week on average...).

Meanwhile I'm about to begin a new driving job which will have me home more often and making tons more money. Win Win

TokyoJoe, dwells40, Vic Firth and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Jesus...

They won't come after you for the balance though... They just want to drain your maintenance... So there's that at least.... Hope THAT hasn't changed...

4. CannonballAA

CannonballAA Medium Load Member

Sep 22, 2011
    Richmond, VA

They've just routed me to Tulsa. Maybe I'm in for the same fate..

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  5. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
  6. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
  7. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    1000 lashes apparently... One George Washington at a time...

Jarhed1964 and radioshark Thank this.
  8. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    Wow I have trucks pulling reefers in the area too but we are beyond busy and my dedicated rates are sweet .....my time at jct was allways busy in 09 and experience was decent , I think they must have pissed off Tyson or have an issue with frieght coming off the coast

9. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Good to see on Twitter Danny picking up loads at bama now.

He's got a pitch in to help since JCT's moved to a logistics company backfired after making 20.3 million dollars extra on outside carriers last year the freight rates dropped and we have to pick up the sack but hey....

Keep bringing those ads for outside carriers and giving them market rates while telling us we have to tighten our belts..

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  10. jackoboyo

jackoboyo Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2014
    The smell of dead fish is in the air.

Jarhed1964 and Kamkor Thank this.
  11. Kamkor

Kamkor Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Wellington, TX
    Well then...this was interesting...that's WFX hauling it....

CannonballAA and Rugerfan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.