Schneider

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Clara3, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Schneider very bad........

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmdog

Farmdog Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2018
    At least you’re at a target so you can pick up some clean socks and underwear!

QUOTE="bryan21384, post: 9534111, member: 33397"]This is the reality of trucking. These companies and brokers do not care about what you have going on. You may have told them what it was before you got there but as soon you get there, that goes right out the door. Yes Schnieder drivers are dispensable and so is every other driver in the industry. They have to move that freight. That's their number one priority and they are pretty big so they can move someone else in that role. Sometimes you have to take a reset in a less than desirable spot. It's the nature of the beast. You can't let your laundry get down to nothing. You have to anticipate the worst in trucking. If you have business to take care of, it's best to schedule it on Mondays or Fridays. If you schedule home business in the middle of the week, unless its court ordered, you're going to create problems for yourself.[/QUOTE]

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  4. Farmdog

Farmdog Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2018
    Why not let each other know what you were thinking?

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    A reasonable question.

I do not know what, if any, communication happened between the driver and ops. I only know what weekend ops told me.

However it should have been self evident to a driver of ANY experience level that he would need to take a 34 before delivery, and since the load had to deliver on Sunday, thus the only option is to take the 34 on Sunday.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Second sentence says it all, "they don't care what you have going on", and he would be correct.
    I've got news for you, no one else does either.
    This is an ugly game. And if you don't understand that early, you're screwed.
    Welcome to trucking.

Rocknroller4, Eddiec, 88228822 and 6 others Thank this.
  7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    You’re brainwashed, there’s no shortage of Monday through Friday jobs out here that offer ample time on Monday morning or Friday afternoon to take care of personal business.

I’ve been out of the van junk freight segment for a decade but even when I was with Schneider, I had not one issue scheduling a doctor/dentist appointment on Monday morning. The next and final van company was the same. Forget that “they own me” mentality. That ain’t truckin......

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I'm willing to bet you communicated your wants and needs well ahead of time.

I'm also willing to bet that if you were scheduled to run, then you ran. You managed your time so you got the job done in the way that benefited you the most. You did not fuel and pti, then go and have breakfast. You did not stop for a full 30, then drive 15 minutes into a customer where you knew you would have an hour in the dock. You also probably did not ask for a half day off every other week and if asked to make a special effort you cinched up ypur belt and got to work.

When managers and employees both make their mutual expectations clear and if both parties fillow thru then problems like the OPs are not that common.

A failure on the part of dispatch does not neccesarily make an emergency for me and vice versa. Opus' point was handle your business and don't expect others to handle it for you.

Lonesome, bryan21384 and Opus Thank this.
  9. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    There are some horrible companies out there and couldn't care less if you told them yesterday or 6 months ago of an up and coming appointment or stuff like it. Also, some of these dispatchers get away with a lot of crap and companies let them even if some are hardly 18 years old and think they are important part company till downsizing comes along.

I have known some big companies and they downsize or just for a while for the only purpose so they don't have to pay a higher wage for a group of people and if you don't think they won't find a way to do same to truck drivers you are mistaken. I have never worked for Schneider they are a mega carrier they didn't get that way for being fair to anyone or everyone.

You are better off finding another company I have work for one mega and unless its a niche like hauling fuel I wouldn't ever advise anyone work for a big company unless they had no choice.

10. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    I think that Schneider is setting everything up to try to beat the other megas to the punch with respect to driverless trucks and the scheduling and computer systems are in large part based on this goal.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  11. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Anything that's bad for drivers is good for Schneider, and it has always been that way. Ever since Donny broke up the union.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.