Selecting safe bottled water

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Diantane, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    I'm not quite following. Could you clarify what you're talking about? Is the colored liquid a pH tester?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diantane

Diantane Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Alderson, WV
    You can test chlorine with a simple/cheap pool tester. It has been said tha chlorine adsorbs into the body, but how much? We came up with a test for this.

We would fill a 3 cup container with city tap water. We tested the chlorine level to be 7 parts per million (the same as swimming pool water). Then we would make a fist using a clean hand and lowered it into the water. After one minute we pulled out our hand and re-tested the water. In only one minute the hand adsorbed a little over 75% of the chlorine.

I never went in a swimming pool again. Just fresh water lakes and the ocean.

4. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Chlorine in Tap Water Is Safe to Drink
    "No known or expected health risk" according to the EPA. Just because you don't like the sound of something doesn't mean it's bad. Better than e. coli. I'm planning on putting a water treatment system into my home to treat my shallow spring well water. I'm thinking UV treatment because it's just less maintenance and testing required.

5. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    I drink a half pot of coffee in the morning

Than a half gallon of either tapped water from my buddies house or my gallon jugs refilled at the local market for 50 cents a gallon. After lunch I fire up the ice maker and make ice to pour my LaCroix waters over.

I actually drink the Aldis brand for half the price. I usually go through 12 of those a day

I probably Pee 20 times a day

6. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Why would you do that? The body needs minerals and some places add minerals.

If you want to "purely" deprive your body for "purity" buy distilled water....

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  7. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Once upon a time they also figured asbestos were harmless too, just saying.

8. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    The way i test water is i take a couple sips, if it tastes good i take a couple more, after about 30 minutes to 1 hour if i aint dead or ####tin myself then rest assured must be some #### good water

IluvCATS, dynamite and Tb0n3 Thank this.
  9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Any bottled water that says "purified" on the label is basically just local municipal tap water that they ran through a trucker's cotton drawers to filter it.

I buy "spring" water or "artesian" water lately, brand- Fiji.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  10. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    If you are that worried about your water buy a portable filter. There are no rules on what they can throw in a bottle.

Tb0n3 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.