Snackbar is chillin'....at Shaffer

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by supersnackbar, Oct 26, 2020.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    This is where they need the 'other' option when they want a reason for saying no to a preplan.

RussianBearTruckeR and tallguy66 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    My day started out so good...then took a giant steaming dump. Unload was off the truck and signed for in under an hour. Then I was dispatched to Rich's Seapak in Brunswick for a live load because we didn't have an available drop trailer. Been backed up to the dock with the doors open over 5 hours with the reefer trying to keep up, and they haven't even opened the friggin door. All the lady in the shipping office can say is "they know you are here"...but no other reason for the delay. Maybe they're fishing, but nothing is biting so they can't load me up. So it's yet again, another problem load. If I am lucky, I see 1 out of 10 loads that go without an issue.

*Update* The CSR called this shipper. The shipper claims they are shorthanded, but that is a straight out lie. 3 live loads, and 2 drop trailers were put to doors and loaded (live loads had later appointments)...after me. Almost 7.5 hours at the dock, they finally decided to start loading me. This is my last visit to this place, ever, live load or drop/hook. Let CRE or Swift refrigerated have this account.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2022
    jethro712, Lonesome, JoeyJunk and 2 others Thank this.
  4. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    That is a load worth carping about....

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I knew there was something fishey about this load...or maybe I should just clam up.

6. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    I feel your pain on that one. Those no appointment loads either bite like yours did by putting the load on you too long, or the opposite, which is to schedule the load too early to make it given HOS or other factors.

48Packard, dwells40 and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    There’s bad loads in the tanker world too. Today in Memphis, four compartment trailer, four different products, and four different tanks in four different parts of the customers property. Had to unload and load the hoses four times. Happens about once a year.

Most oil distributors unload the product themselves. The ones that we unload usually unload in the same spot and most loads are only one or two different products. Tanker yankin is easy money. Get dirty once in awhile and I love every minute of it.

JoeyJunk, Lonesome and JohnBoy Thank this.
  8. jethro712

jethro712 Medium Load Member

Aug 31, 2014
    maybe ssb should change his screen name to lucky.....lol. just ask yourself, did you die? lol.

9. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Got my self into a pickle tonight but managed to get out

Pulled into a loves to check for parking and went up into this overflow area. Don't know what possessed me to even check up here cause there were trucks parked on the turn going in but I went.

Trucks in all spots AND up on the curb infront of the trucks. No way to even jackknife my way out without my tail taking someone's hood or scraping the side of someone's trailer.

Ended up having to blindly back down the curb and with all the tire marks looks like I wasn't the only one.

Took me 1 hour to get out cause my clutch completely overheated and started slipping on me. Looked like I was in a rodeo due to it throwing me all over the place so had to park it in the curb and let it cool down.

Also didn't help that my power steering went out. It's like these pumps stop working when at very low speeds in backs.

On the plus side, managed to still get a spot since someone pulled out of one. Had to man handle my steering wheel to get in there due to no power steering but managed.

Screenshot_20220420-034209_Maps.jpg

10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    That has to be the poorest configured Loves in existence. Which one is that? What a disaster of a design.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  11. newbietrucker91

newbietrucker91 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Texas
    Calvert city, ky

Lonesome, Bumper and Dna Mach Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.